Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch screen dim and flickers (Korg Trinity- original)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yawar94

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Touch screen dim and flickers (Korg Trinity- original) Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I hope all is well here.
I'm new here.

I'm having problem about my Korg Trinity. The touch screen is dim like faded and it flickers when i change the preset. I've encountered this problem today. Last i used was like a month ago and screen was perfect, all colors and everything. The synthesizer is overall very well working regarding sounds and other technical stuff. I'm just worried about the touch screen. Also, wanted to add my room gets very hot in summers and synth is in my room. Maybe the temperature has got something to do with it? idk.

Please help if someone has a solution and information regarding this. Thanks.
WaveTemper

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, It could be a problem related to the inverter board. If it gets dark, maybe (just maybe) it depends on the power supply of the inverter board. For safety you can do a check without having to disassemble anything. If you know how to use the multimeter, try to unplug the card connectors from the power board and measure the voltages on the connectors on the KLM 1875, the power board.

ATTENTION, WHILE DOING THESE CHECKS DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ON THE BOARD NOR (ESPECIALLY) ON THE SIDE WHERE YOU HAVE THE ALTERNATING VOLTAGE (THE AREA FROM THE TRANSFORMER TO THE ELECTRIC CURRENT SOCKET), YOU MUST ONLY POWER THE TRINITY AND WITH THE PUNCTENSIONAL CONNECTIONS OF THE MULTIMETERS THAT I MENTIONED, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE AND DON'T DO IT IF YOU ARE NOT PRACTICAL, IN THIS CASE MAKE SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE DO IT.

I'm not an electronic engineer, every now and then I try to fix something myself, but I can't give advice on something more specific and in-depth.

On the multimeter, set the "DC voltage" mode.

On CN8 / CN9 it measures the + 5v.

- CN8: red probe on pin 1, black probe on pin 4.
- CN9: red probe on pin 1, black probe on pin 3.

On CN6 / CN7 it measures the + 5v, the +12 and the -12.

The measurements apply to both CN6 and CN7, because they have identical pinouts.

Ti measure the +5v:

- Red lead on pin 5, black lead on 2 or 4 (both are ground).

To measure the + 12v:

- Red lead on pin 3, black lead on 2 or 4 (both are ground).

To measure -12v:

- Red lead on pin 1, black lead on 2 or 4 (both are ground).

See if the card outputs these voltages correctly.
luckyluca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Touch screen dim and flickers (Korg Trinity- original) Reply with quote

Yawar94 wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope all is well here.
I'm new here.

I'm having problem about my Korg Trinity. The touch screen is dim like faded and it flickers when i change the preset. I've encountered this problem today. Last i used was like a month ago and screen was perfect, all colors and everything. The synthesizer is overall very well working regarding sounds and other technical stuff. I'm just worried about the touch screen. Also, wanted to add my room gets very hot in summers and synth is in my room. Maybe the temperature has got something to do with it? idk.

Please help if someone has a solution and information regarding this. Thanks.

would you mind sending a pic?
did you resolve this in the end?

Best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: