Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20 (original) with SQ64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Massimiliano

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: MS20 (original) with SQ64 Reply with quote

Heya - I am new here and not a modular expert... thanks for your patience...

I try to run my original Korg MS20 with the Korg step sequencer SQ64 over gate CV and pitch CV. I have checked online for 2 weeks and tested (I think more or less everything) but I can't get the pitch working. Everything else works just fine.

In run the MS20 on standard knob settings (Ext and Ext.T untouched on EG1 and MG respectively).

1.) attempt: I go from SQ64 Gate A into Trig In and from Pitch A into VCO1+2 CV in. I get a ok C tone with SQ64 settings: C3 reference note and Hz/V and S-Trig. When I play the scale each tone gets slightly, but surely out of sync and one octave higher it sounds definitely awful. When I set the Volt bias to 0.03 I get the C4 right, but C3 will be mistuned. I can of course also adjust master tune, but since this is a relative bias when I fix one end and get the problem at the other end.

2.) attempt: when I go from Pitch A into Freq I can adjust the freq using MG Ext at arounf 7-8 so that C3 sounds ok. But same problem when playing the scale and octs above and below.

3.) attempt going from pitch A into Total CV: Same mistune when I play with MG Ext.T

I have a feeling that the Octave range from SQ64 Hz/V does simply not quite match the MS20 Hz/V ranges. I don't understand since I assume that an octave higher the Voltage will be doubled and if I get C3 right it should also hit C4 (after doubling the voltage).

I am sure I am doing something wrong, since this must have been built in, but I run out of ideas. Cables maybe ? Wrong reference settings ?

I have ordered a Voltmeter to measure the voltages, but would be super grateful for feedback.

Hopefully I can get this going as I am fascinated by the new options I have with the SQ64.

Thank you very much for your help!
cjunekim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue. I measured the voltage with my ocilloscope and confirmed sq-64's hz/v output is problematic.

On the other hand, its mother SQ-1's hz/v output is quite accurate.

So how did you end up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: