Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickProfundo

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:40 am    Post subject: SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED message Reply with quote

My Kronos X, after sitting idle for a few weeks, now fails to start. After about a minute it displays this message:

SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED
Please turn the KRONOS off, wait, and then turn it back on.

I've treated this keyboard with exceptional care (it was a gift from my precious wife) and have gigged with it a grand total of once.

Is this keyboard dead? If not, any advice / help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Anything special since last time you used it and it worked fine, for example any added new libraries, or unit now plugged in a different AC outlet, was the unit stored vertically on one side for some time, etc. ? Do you connect your Kronos in an UPS for extra safety ?

This error can be caused by simple things like RAM very slightly out of its socket connector or also other issues like a defective power supply. If you feel OK opening your unit, you could start by checking if all visible connectors are tight such as the SATA cable to the SSD, remove and then reseat the RAM tightly, etc.
RickProfundo

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, KK, and thank you for your reply.

The keyboard has been sitting quietly and safely on its stand in my studio since my last gig just over a month ago.

A couple of other folks over in the facebook group have mentioned the loose-RAM issue, but I'm not nearly confident enough to start taking the keyboard apart to check. My local Guitar Center has given me the name of a local musical-instrument tech wizard - I'll call him in the morning. I hope he can fix it, because the next nearest tech folks are in Nashville (about 2.5 hours away).

Thank you again!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

That's good that a tech will have a look at it. Hopefully it will be something simple like a loose RAM. Keep us posted about what happens. Cool
The Hiryuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem every now and then. I usually fix it by reseating the RAM or the hard drive cable (Sometimes swapping it from slot 0 to slot 1 works)

I think it's just a matter of environmental factors, changing weather shifting things around a bit. Or sometimes going a bit hard on the G near middle C seems to do it.

It's really not that bad to open it up. I've gotten so used to it to the point that it's a 10 minute thing tops.
average_male

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this same message when the Power Supply’s PWR_OK line registered 0V rather than 5V. Switching out the power supply fixed my issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: