Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O1W/FD Sequencer Resetting Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimitrios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject: O1W/FD Sequencer Resetting Problem Reply with quote

Hello, everyone.
I hope you are all doing well.
I recently acquired an old 01W/FD. It is in great condition, overall, but I am having a problem with it. My intention was to use it multitimbrally, so I go to the sequencer page and all programs assigned to the tracks are set to 00. Then I select programs for two or three of the tracks, and then I go to the effects page in the sequencer to add effects. The moment I hit the effects page, the programs I had assigned in the tracks page reset back to 00. Moreover, when I switch off the machine, all sequencer changes, programs assignments and effects assignments change to 0 - programs to 00 and no effects. If I have recorded something it also gets erased. It is like it cannot hold any song data.
Can anyone, please, help?
Thanks
PS. As far as I know the battery has been changed, and all factory programs and combinations load up normally.
T3owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: O1W/FD Sequencer Resetting Problem Reply with quote

Turn off "Track Protect" per track or changes won't be stored to the sequencer memory.

For the "FD" model, save sequences to a floppy disk before turning off power.

Download a PDF of the Owner's Manual if you don't already have a copy.
dimitrios

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
That is the problem: all tracks protection is OFF - individually and globally. As about the floppy, it refuses to format my old floppies, perhaps because they are formatted in a different format and full with different content. Impossible to find floppies to buy, and then I've tried all kinds of floppies I have in my storage and the 01/WFD won't format any of them - 'Data Error'. I have the manual, but I can't seem to find more info in it. Perhaps something is wrong with it after all. Maybe it is workarounds time.
Many thanks, again.
dimitrios

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: the (now free) soundtower editor (01w edit pro) did it.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: