Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5X - a REAL photo...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks laurance for these information about the new PA5X.
Do you know its weight?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great encouraging information (wherever it came from Confused )

I would imagine that many of us (PA4x owners) are anxious to know how much work will be involved converting all our styles, sounds, keyboard-sets, songbook, setlist etc to the PA5x
....this was quite painful in the past model changes...

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
laurance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new vocal harmonizer comme from this company

https://shift.audio/
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:
The Korg Pa5x is an instrument built from the ground up
There are many new colors on board, including string sounds, trumpets, wind instruments, acoustic sounds and a lot of sounds that draw from the Kronos, Nautilus or SV-2 models.
The Korg pa5x uses the function of smooth switching between the sounds of "Smooth sound transmission" (SST) - an option especially useful when switching between keyboardSETs
There are as many as 3 DNC (Defined Nuance Control) audio controllers on board the pa5x
The instrument's polyphony has been increased to 160 voices, and the number of generators that shape the sound has been expanded to 24 oscillators
There are 2 sequencers on board that can handle up to 20 insert effects (10 for each player) and 3 (insert?) Effects for each keyboardSET
Each player (Player 1 and 2) will also be able to use the 3 main master effects
The "Round Robin" function was used for the drum section, which is responsible for improving the authenticity of the sound of the drum kits. Each note uses a different pattern, emulating the natural playing of a percussion instrument
There is a group of guitar effects on board the pa5x (the ability to fasten up to 4 effects simultaneously within a single guitar preset)
The instrument uses a special virtual system to secure and protect data developed by local developers (Musikant data). Local data can be modified - virtual dongle protection (additional information will be provided later)
The sides of the instrument are dark brown wooden elements which, in combination with anodized aluminum, emphasize its beauty and high standard of finish
Using the HDMI connector, you will be able to connect the Korg pa5x with a TV, computer screen to display text from a MIDI file or what is currently on the screen.
Large, 8-inch display working at a resolution of 800x600 with adjustable tilt angle, and high-quality graphics
The recorder module will be able to record a simultaneous game on two styles, midi files or mp3 files (any combination allowed)
Korg pa5x has received a completely new view of the mixer window with an additional ribbon and a set of 9 switches that will give you an immediate overview of the current status of the mixer settings
A set of 16 pads will allow you to instantly mute / play individual tracks and more
The organ slide section has been completely rebuilt. 9 sliders have been enriched with an additional bar display and 9 function buttons
The organ section has been completely refreshed and enriched with effects such as a rotary speaker and amplification effects derived from the iconic instruments previously used in stage piano keyboards: Vox Continental and KORG CX Pa
Most of the buttons now work in RGB mode, which translates into a very detailed picture of the whole.
Each of the three available models will support reading data from a micro-SD card. Access to the card is on the back of the instrument. The SD card will replace the internal HD drive. The instrument will support SDHC and SDXC cards with a maximum capacity of 1 TB (formatted in the FAT32 system).
The instrument uses 3 USB connectors working in the 3.0 standard
All models feature a recessed keyboard with aftertouch support. The 88-key version uses a hammer-type keyboard for a change.
The new 4-voice sound processor from Shift Audio will be responsible for harmonizing the sound, plus 4 double voices with support for the Audio-Transfer function (Korg does not confirm cooperation with TC-Helicon)
On the back of the casing in the Pa5x Korg there is a place for:

6 line outputs (pa4x has 4 outputs)
HDMI connector (allowing you to work at a resolution of 800 x 600 (pa4x had only composite video output)
Microphone Combi MIX connector with support for 48V phantom power and separate signal control
Mono L, mono R connectors, 6.3mm
Guitar Input (not available on pa4x)
Input for connecting devices such as iPhone, iPad, computer
The new quality of korga pa5x brings new content:

New styles
New Keyboard Sets
New pads
The Songbook has been updated. This one will rediscover the power of pa5x
Other

The instrument has 11 buttons, ala favorite, operating in the quick access mode
Increased RAM capacity for user samples to 8 GB (compressed material)
Total local data capacity PCM RAM: 4 GB compact (2 GB linear?)
New mastering tools were used: "Finalizer" & "Master EQ" for the needs of styles and MIDI files for the final shaping of the sound and adapting it to your own needs.
Expected price: about PLN 17,000-20000 (depending on the version)

Expected premiere: after June 25, 2022. On June 30, the presentation is announced by the largest player on the French market, the Sud Saviers store (the equivalent of German Thomann or British Bonners).

So basically the same sound engine, just with added samples from kronos and sv2 and extra dsp.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance
Some specs about sampler engine needs clarification !
- What do you mean with 3 DNC controllers ? Pa4X has already a lot of assigning controller's options.
- OSC are already 24 per sound in Pa4X so nothing is expanded !
- Have they added more round functions and legato orientations or still remain the same ?
- Also how many effect inserts in style tracks ? are more than 3 as in Pa4X ?

It could be nice if you could ask any beta owner for these info that I'm missing since April ?

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
laurance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all,

Just like you, I have many questions concerning these old/new specifications.

If I got any news, I’ll certainly share Smile
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:
There are many new colors on board, including string sounds, trumpets, wind instruments, acoustic sounds and a lot of sounds that draw from the Kronos, Nautilus or SV-2 models.
The Korg pa5x uses the function of smooth switching between the sounds of "Smooth sound transmission" (SST) - an option especially useful when switching between keyboardSETs
There are as many as 3 DNC (Defined Nuance Control) audio controllers on board the pa5x
The instrument's polyphony has been increased to 160 voices, and the number of generators that shape the sound has been expanded to 24 oscillators
There are 2 sequencers on board that can handle up to 20 insert effects (10 for each player) and 3 (insert?) Effects for each keyboardSET
The "Round Robin" function was used for the drum section, which is responsible for improving the authenticity of the sound of the drum kits. Each note uses a different pattern, emulating the natural playing of a percussion instrument
There is a group of guitar effects on board the pa5x (the ability to fasten up to 4 effects simultaneously within a single guitar preset)
The instrument uses a special virtual system to secure and protect data developed by local developers (Musikant data). Local data can be modified - virtual dongle protection (additional information will be provided later)
The sides of the instrument are dark brown wooden elements which, in combination with anodized aluminum, emphasize its beauty and high standard of finish
Using the HDMI connector, you will be able to connect the Korg pa5x with a TV, computer screen to display text from a MIDI file or what is currently on the screen.
Large, 8-inch display working at a resolution of 800x600 with adjustable tilt angle, and high-quality graphics
The recorder module will be able to record a simultaneous game on two styles, midi files or mp3 files (any combination allowed)
Korg pa5x has received a completely new view of the mixer window with an additional ribbon and a set of 9 switches that will give you an immediate overview of the current status of the mixer settings
A set of 16 pads will allow you to instantly mute / play individual tracks and more
The organ slide section has been completely rebuilt. 9 sliders have been enriched with an additional bar display and 9 function buttons
The organ section has been completely refreshed and enriched with effects such as a rotary speaker and amplification effects derived from the iconic instruments previously used in stage piano keyboards: Vox Continental and KORG CX Pa
Most of the buttons now work in RGB mode, which translates into a very detailed picture of the whole.
Each of the three available models will support reading data from a micro-SD card. Access to the card is on the back of the instrument. The SD card will replace the internal HD drive. The instrument will support SDHC and SDXC cards with a maximum capacity of 1 TB (formatted in the FAT32 system).
All models feature a recessed keyboard with aftertouch support. The 88-key version uses a hammer-type keyboard for a change.
The new 4-voice sound processor from Shift Audio will be responsible for harmonizing the sound, plus 4 double voices with support for the Audio-Transfer function (Korg does not confirm cooperation with TC-Helicon)

HDMI connector (allowing you to work at a resolution of 800 x 600 (pa4x had only composite video output)
Microphone Combi MIX connector with support for 48V phantom power and separate signal control

New styles
New Keyboard Sets
New pads
Other

New mastering tools were used: "Finalizer" & "Master EQ" for the needs of styles and MIDI files for the final shaping of the sound and adapting it to your own needs.

Expected premiere: after June 25, 2022. On June 30, the presentation is announced by the largest player on the French market, the Sud Saviers store (the equivalent of German Thomann or British Bonners).

I don't know who wrote these but saying that the screen is 800x600 (4:3 aspect ratio) while it is 800x480 in reality makes me believe that these info are not exactly accurate (i see some more except from the screen resolution that are incorrect like the 24 oscillators expanded which is not exactly accurate...)
A few days left and we will all find out everything..!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... @Laurance
No mention of Kaoss??
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was ringing bells with me so I did a bit of digging on the name Shift Audio, the name associated with the harmoniser in the Pa5x. Here's what I found.
https://shift.audio/about-us/

Very encouraging. IVL was the Canadian company behind the old Korg ih harmoniser in days of yore. They've come a long way, baby.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!! The "ih" - loved it - based on Digitech's technology - well ahead of its time too!!!

....hope the new harmoniser is up to TCH quality and with similar options!!!! Very Happy
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have better hopes for it now, Pete. I must say I was disappointed by TCH's absence in this new board originally.

BTW, I almost sold my old ih recently, but decided to hang on to it just in case I ever needed it. Be well, mate.
Bescki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:
Yes…those are synchro Stop/Start buttons. But there still isn’t a main start/stop button.

There is Start button Smile I don't know why you cannot see?!

There are 2 start buttons. 1 is for left style and 1 is for right style...

Also you can fade in/out between styles...

These buttons are also for songs Wink

Cheers

You didnt believe me when I said that there are two style/song players Wink
Now you see
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
laurance wrote:

New styles
New Keyboard Sets
New pads
Other

THANK YOU FOR INFO.
I wonder, How is it in SAMPLE/SOUND import mode.
Like 4x, you can load only ONE layer of the Sound, AKAI/SF2 etc,
I hope it is like the KRONOS this time.
Load all layers at once .

I don’t think these are based on the real thing…
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 more days….
bensel46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The countdown has started. Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

Jump to: