Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about EFX settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject: Question about EFX settings Reply with quote

The Italian Grand Piano on the Pa4x is superb. Even on full gain there is no perceptible hiss. The piano samples are totally authentic, 5 velocity layers, pretty good resonance samples added when pedal down. Key noise and pedal noise added. Samples tail off perfectly to zero in the time a typical grand piano would tail off. I love it.

One thing I modify in SOUND mode is the Reverb send level and Chorus send level for the Italian Grand. I set both to 20% whereas the factory setting is 10% reverb and 0% chorus I think. The factory settings are great when playing Piano in a Style, but need bumping up a bit when accompanying a choir, imo.

I am a little confused about when/if the EFX configured on a SOUND are applied when that SOUND is used in a STYLE ? I see that the SOUND EFX are disregarded and it is the STYLE EFX that is applied to all layered SOUNDS used in that STYLE. Is that correct or is there some other way in which it works?

I would quite like the EFX from a SOUND to replace the EFX in the STYLE if that SOUND is selected as the top layered sound in the STYLE. Is that possible? Is it possible to have EFX for every individual sound used in a STYLE or is that wishful thinking ?
taichi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

The Italian piano is great just like the rest of the Pa4X. I can`t help much here regarding what you are asking but it`s a great post that I look forward to and hearing what others have to say.

By the way have you tried Reuben`s pianos that he very kindly gave us free of charge. I love them, together with Italian piano they are my “go to”. Fabulous on the Pa1000 too.

Who needs a 5X ?

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Question about EFX settings Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
... I would quite like the EFX from a SOUND to replace the EFX in the STYLE if that SOUND is selected as the top layered sound in the STYLE. Is that possible? Is it possible to have EFX for every individual sound used in a STYLE or is that wishful thinking ?

Hello Rob,
your consideration is correct, to have an FX for every single sound used in a style is wishful thinking.

Pa-Keyboards includes up to five insert and five master effects (for Pa4x) or three insert and four master effects (for Pa1000) , to which the internal sounds can be sent from their internal mixer channel.

The master effects are shared by several different sounds. With FX group A (Accompainment, Pads, MidiSong) the maximum of three master effects are shared between all sounds of these group. For FX group B two master effects are shared between all sounds of the keyboard group.

In styleplay and songplay mode the FX group is fixed and cannot be changed, whereas in sequencer mode you can choose it for each song track.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Siebenhirter,

I fully understand what you say after reading the manual for several years but it takes someone like you to be able to answer our questions and explain in more detail.

Well done and thanks for taking the time. Part of our learning curve.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: