Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Korg Reply with quote

After reviewing the several comments about whether Korg is still in business or not, here is what I did to find out.
I tried to order a Korg 1000 and could not find any outlet in the U.S. that had one in stock, all were on back order and have been that way for about a year.
I then sent a note to Korg USA with this question, "Is Korg no longer in the "Arranger" business?" I made sure they read my message by checking the "read" option. I did get a note back telling me the message had been read but I never received an answer to my question. So I contacted my dealer in Connecticut and he also confirmed Arrangers from Korg are no longer available.
Not trying to sound the alarm bell, I think all of us are thinking the same. Wish I had better news. Thanks for listening.

Chuck
Ohio, USA
Old fingers
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg doesn't contact with it]s customers. But if there is a contact, it works only in one direction (information are left on the main korg.com webpage).

Next thing: photos and short footage from the beginning of 2022, presenting pa5x in early stage what proves that in the nearlest future next TOTL arranger will be available.

If korg pa1000/pa700 had been discontinued, you would know it.
In my opinion, distributors sometimes have less information or knowladge about future products then we have what is confirmed based on my own experience.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demand for Electronic Components is very high and there are shortfalls globally... we know this is due to the pandemic and global lockdowns which there are multiple reasons for this shortfall and this is most likely going to continue throughout 2022...this is affect manufacturing and I don't think it is unreasonable to consider that Korg are any different.... also to compound this on going problem with global supply of electronic components https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-ukraine-halts-half-worlds-neon-output-chips-clouding-outlook-2022-03-11/

I believe if you are waiting for a current/new Korg product then patience is going to be required in light of all the difficulties companies like Korg are facing at the moment.
usaraiya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word from Korg would be most reassuring to improve the declining morale of the troops!
Smile
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well If there is NO So Called Electronic parts avaible because the Pandemic, War, and more, How can a Smal Company make new keyboard like MEDELI?
How can my new car have all features in it?
How can IPHONE COME OUT with 4 new models, How come that MAC M1 M2 and Studio is out?
How can ROLAND make new things, How can Yamaha make new Keyboards like the A 5000 and more?
How can Universal audio, or Native or New PC,s Laptops come with new models?
For me , i do not get that...

How can all other companies give information But NOT KORG?
And how can a company stays alive IF they dont care about the Customers???
WHY HOW WHEN IF?
Well not good.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Well If there is NO So Called Electronic parts avaible because the Pandemic, War, and more, How can a Smal Company make new keyboard like MEDELI?
How can my new car have all features in it?
How can IPHONE COME OUT with 4 new models, How come that MAC M1 M2 and Studio is out?
How can ROLAND make new things, How can Yamaha make new Keyboards like the A 5000 and more?
How can Universal audio, or Native or New PC,s Laptops come with new models?
For me , i do not get that...

How can all other companies give information But NOT KORG?
And how can a company stays alive IF they dont care about the Customers???
WHY HOW WHEN IF?
Well not good.

https://www.fitchratings.com/research/corporate-finance/global-chip-shortage-to-ease-in-2h22-improvement-will-not-be-linear-07-02-2022

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/techwireasia.com/amp/2022/02/two-years-later-are-we-finally-reaching-the-end-of-a-global-chip-shortage/

https://azpianonews.blogspot.com/2020/10/digital-piano-ordering-shipping-warning-report.html?m=1

https://www.musicradar.com/news/behringer-synth-drum-machine-chip-shortages

https://www.gartner.com/en/articles/what-s-ahead-for-semiconductor-shortages

https://www.sourcengine.com/blog/electronic-component-shortages-update

Quote: Well If there is NO So Called Electronic parts

To the above Quote... I did not say there are NO electronic parts available....I used the word "shortfall" which would imply there are supply's but not in the amounts to satisfy demand, which would answer your question why some companies are still producing products but some are not... understand this is a complex problem and how companies managing this we can only speculate according to the information we have.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Demand for Electronic Components is very high and there are shortfalls globally... we know this is due to the pandemic and global lockdowns which there are multiple reasons for this shortfall and this is most likely going to continue throughout 2022...this is affect manufacturing and I don't think it is unreasonable to consider that Korg are any different.... also to compound this on going problem with global supply of electronic components https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-ukraine-halts-half-worlds-neon-output-chips-clouding-outlook-2022-03-11/

I believe if you are waiting for a current/new Korg product then patience is going to be required in light of all the difficulties companies like Korg are facing at the moment.

I waited three years for a decent upgrade to the OS of my 700, but got fed up of waiting and sold it.

18 months later still no update has been issued.

Exactly the same has happened with the 1000, nothing.

There is no way global shortages will possibly affect the development and release of updates. In fact the lack of production is just the time to develop and release just such systems.

Pre Covid they released or updated 7 synths, added a DP and released the Nautilus. Since then models like the Kronos and Grandstage have been archived.

Roland do not seem to have any issue with components, with their new Fantom 0 selling like hot cakes. If they can develop and release new kit then Korg can.

PC World / Curry’s do not seem to have shortages of products that are reliant upon electronic components.

Lack of Press releases shows Korg do not care about their customers. I looked at the Korg UK Facebook page a month ago and it was over two years since they posted anything about a Pa, their Webinars have dried up, their Pa website has minimal content. Not looking good.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject: No information about OS update for Pa1000/700 Reply with quote

Hello,
it is understandable that shortfalls in production causes complex problems.

Korg Support Germany answered my question regarding availability of the Pa1000 as follows:
The KORG Pa models 700 and 1000 are still relevant and will continue to be available for sale.
However, due to the current situation, production is delayed. We expect the next deliveries in May and June.

If these models are still supposed to be relevant, I still don't understand why the OS update for this midrange model, which has been overdue for three years, has still not been delivered.

I find it annoying that no information about this is to get from Korg.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
D575 wrote:

I waited three years for a decent upgrade to the OS of my 700, but got fed up of waiting and sold it.

18 months later still no update has been issued.

Exactly the same has happened with the 1000, nothing.

There is no way global shortages will possibly affect the development and release of updates. In fact the lack of production is just the time to develop and release just such systems.

Pre Covid they released or updated 7 synths, added a DP and released the Nautilus. Since then models like the Kronos and Grandstage have been archived.

Roland do not seem to have any issue with components, with their new Fantom 0 selling like hot cakes. If they can develop and release new kit then Korg can.

PC World / Curry’s do not seem to have shortages of products that are reliant upon electronic components.

Lack of Press releases shows Korg do not care about their customers. I looked at the Korg UK Facebook page a month ago and it was over two years since they posted anything about a Pa, their Webinars have dried up, their Pa website has minimal content. Not looking good.

I don't think software developments is in question here that is a separate issue and how Korg or Roland have prioritised there production to component availability I would not know, but maybe what we are seeing is there thought method and product priority at this moment in time... as for korg and how they conduct any public relations then I am not going to concern myself with that here and again that is also a separate issue... I can only hope that we are not seeing the end of the PA series keyboard range and I only offer a possible explanation using a little logic and speculation why we may not be seeing any anticipated new PA models at this time considering the much covered Press concerning Global Chip Shortages, which is all any of us can do and this may offer a reasonable reason why there are maybe delays or time table changes with new model releases, and in this case give some thought to how korg are perhaps prioritising and navigating their way through this well known problem.... nothing more, nothing less, and in doing so to offer a little light relief where there is much frustration which is evident on this forum and in these threads.... So I am hopeful we will soon (maybe this year) see or here some news for a PA4X replacement and then we may also see the trickle-down formula in a new product range for the PA line-up that generally comes from a New Flagship Keyboard.
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject: I contacted Korg USA Reply with quote

After reading all the responses it seems everyone has a different approach as to why Korg is not responding. I was able to get a hold of a real live person at Korg USA who tried to explain why it's been over a year since they have made any Korg Arrangers. His main answer was lack of parts and people to work these issues. He never admitted that Korg is out of the Arranger business but was unwilling to provide an estimate when things would be back to normal. My take away from our conversation is that we will not see an Arranger from Korg in the near future if ever.

Chuck
Ohio, USA
Old fingers
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I contacted Korg USA Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
After reading all the responses it seems everyone has a different approach as to why Korg is not responding. I was able to get a hold of a real live person at Korg USA who tried to explain why it's been over a year since they have made any Korg Arrangers. His main answer was lack of parts and people to work these issues. He never admitted that Korg is out of the Arranger business but was unwilling to provide an estimate when things would be back to normal. My take away from our conversation is that we will not see an Arranger from Korg in the near future if ever.

Chuck
Ohio, USA

I think this image (link below) from a previous post contradicts korg are out of the arrange business... but nevertheless there has definitely been issues with electronic supplies (something in my industry we have been very aware of) but a little research on Google will show that there is some heavyweight activity to try and resolve this... I am hopeful at some point maybe this year we will have some news.

https://scontent.fskg1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/278580378_5178514608882072_5374957150583427752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=tdssEOWt5dMAX_vVtrx&_nc_ht=scontent.fskg1-2.fna&oh=00_AT80-aKc6mZluH2h_lWZ4sdy_YaVpej5I-7PbX-I_nZPtA&oe=625FB020
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: I contacted Korg USA Reply with quote

Quote:
I think this image (link below) from a previous post contradicts korg are out of the arrange business... but nevertheless there has definitely been issues with electronic supplies (something in my industry we have been very aware of) but a little research on Google will show that there is some heavyweight activity to try and resolve this... I am hopeful at some point maybe this year we will have some news.

https://scontent.fskg1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/278580378_5178514608882072_5374957150583427752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=tdssEOWt5dMAX_vVtrx&_nc_ht=scontent.fskg1-2.fna&oh=00_AT80-aKc6mZluH2h_lWZ4sdy_YaVpej5I-7PbX-I_nZPtA&oe=625FB020

This link no longer works... Sad

Do you mean this piucture: https://tinyurl.com/3vwj6ckw?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: I contacted Korg USA Reply with quote

MikeVVught wrote:
Quote:

This link no longer works... Sad

Do you mean this piucture: https://tinyurl.com/3vwj6ckw?

Odd, the link I copied still works for me (from android phone) but yes your link is the same image I am making reference.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Nautilus

Yamaha DGX 670

Korg XE20

Korg LP 380U

Roland Fantom 0 series

Yamaha SX 600

Medeli AKX 10

Just a few of the new keyboards released in the last two years.

Looking at the Facebook Roland 0 series and the happy buyers with their brand new keyboards they have had no problem in buying them.

If Roland can develop, manufacture and release a new product why are Korg having problems?

Just where is the component shortage, Roland have it right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: