Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 used a good lowcost workstation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckyluca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: M3 used a good lowcost workstation? Reply with quote

Hi, i’m exploring purchasing a used Korg 61 workstation with an excellent keybed.

I’m considering the Trinity plus (270£), Triton extreme or M3 (1000£).

Given their age, price point seems close enough between them all.

I’m after excellent all in one usability for composing songs (no daw and pc required) and easy pc connectivity for transferring files if needed. Bonus but not required, if it was possible to record and playback a voice too.

Trinity is and old love of mine, having had ones in the nineties, however i’m aware of its age, slow touchscreen and terrible connectivity options.
I was leaning towards the triton extreme but the one I was about to purchase is now gone.

I found an m3 on sale but I’m not too familiar with it.
How does the 61 keybed compare to the triton/trinity family?

The one I found has the optional radias and 256 exb board options, or I could take it without these options for half the price.
I know about radias, I was wondering how necessary that and the 256mb exb really are?

I like classic synths and pad and arpeggiator sounds, but suppose the m3 would come with plenty of these roompler sounds regardless of the radias?

Is there anything that the Triton extreme can do that the M3 couldn’t?

Thanks!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addressing the last question but reversed - there is much the M3 can do that the Triton Extreme cannot. The M3 has KARMA for example.

The synthesis architecture is somewhat different between the M3 and the Triton Extreme (different parameters) which means that the programs are not compatible. Sound libraries available as .PCG files for the Triton Extreme would not load on the M3 (and vice-versa).

There are many programs and combis constructed by sound designers of that era unique to the Triton. If you prefer those sounds, then it could be said that is something the Triton can do that the M3 cannot.
luckyluca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, food for thought. It turns out that m3 was sold too; second time an item was not taken out of reverb after being sold.

Whether a Triton Extend or M3, search continues.
luckyluca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an M3 at an acceptable price, but it is too remote to be tested in person, and I never tried one, nor the keybed.
I'm well aware of how the Trinity/Triton 61 keybed feels, and I really like it.
And I heard great things about the M3's.

Does the M3 xpanded WITHOUT RADIAS come with a good selection of synth leads and pads sounds (80s-90s), similarly to the Trinity/Triton?
Or would one need the RADIAS for synth sounds?

Thanks a lot!
heshamex4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Luca Reply with quote

hello Luca i am always late, korg trinity sweet but limited in comparison with Triton
Trinity does not have portemanto in the main program
Triton has that option
Trinity IFX allows you 3 IFX only in mono,you can insert stereo IFX in between, the fact you should not exceed size 4 ,2 IFX in stereo ,1 IFX double size IFX
Triton IFX allows you 5 IFX in Both Mono and Stereo, and 3 IFX in case of double Size IFX (1 mono or stereo and 2 double in total [3])
Trinity has more filters, Low, High, band, band reject all 12 DB with resonance
Triton has Low with resonance 24 DB, and serial low and high non resonance 12 DB
Trinity MOSS in COMBI allwos you one timber
Triton Moss in Combi allwos you 6 timbers
Trinity sampler sucks 8 MB
Triton sampler 96 MB
Trinity and Triton excellent Yamaha FS Keybed,
NOW
korg M3 born by a shy girl with red cheek (Korg Karma)
and a muscles Guy (Korg Oasys) one night stand they deliver M3
M3 Keybed rubbish cheap one rubber contacts, the last yamaha FS Keybed used in Korg Oasys
M3 Sampler 256 MB Expantion + 64mb intenal intotal 320Mb thats sounds good
M3 Radias Board Unlike MOSS Board i assume you know about them, the sweet thing about M3 and Radias Board, the M3 can convert all User Banks TO a Radias Bank SO Sweet
tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry about the thread necromancy, just some nitpick about the Trinity effects:

Trinity is actually capable of up to 8 insert effects, as opposed to Triton being able to only do up to 5. However, 8 is only possible if you use 8 mono IFX and of size1 while all 5 IFX on the Triton are stereo capable. So, in a way, Trinity had a more flexible effects setup, however, if all your effects used would be of the stereo variety, then the Triton indeed would be a more powerful option in that domain since you can only add up to 4 stereo effects on trinity, at best (up to size2 each). Also, in Prog mode, the Trinity can only do up to 4 IFX, with 3 IFX limit for Combi if I remember correctly, while 8 IFX being possible only in the Seq or otherwise multitimbral operation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: