Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Drums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkarmy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject: Global Drums Reply with quote

I have a Korg Triton Classic, which has since broken down on me. How do I go into global to program my own drum set from various different drum sets and create my own set.
I did this on my Korg Triton Classic. How do i do it on the Krome. I wouldn't mind having the same exact drum set I built on the classic.

Help
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The principles are the same. Select a Program whose Oscillator mode is Drums, and assign the necessary drum samples. There's a detailed list in the Krome Voice Name List, and the procedure is detailed in the Krome Operations Guide page 106 onwards, and the Krome Parameter Guide, page 205 onwards. The Krome allows up to eight velocity layers to each Oscillator., which the Triton didn't have, if memory serves me right.

Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drum Kit editor is in GLOBAL. page P5.
Open GLOBAl press page , P5 and choose a USER Drum Kit. On the right side of display will see Assign. Select Assign, Press and keep the ENTER button then press a key where you want to assign the sample. On the downline will find more pages with useful parameters. Will see the param value of the current selected key. To change selection press and keep the ENTER button and choose a different Key. Save Drum Kit before exit the editor.
Open an empty programs or existing Drum program, select your drum kit in OSC mod and save in your free location.
If need more details about D.Kit Fx Routing and Group Mix settings please let me know.
darkarmy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject: Dan Sesco Reply with quote

Hello. I am having a bit of trouble. I copied the Dry Ambient Jazz kit to user 32. I want to change the C3 key to the "Terminator" bass drum. I have "Assign Key" checked. I also want to assign/copy a ride bell to the D#3 key.

Dan...Is there another way we can communicate besides on here? It would be nice to get this drum set made then make a template song with the drum set and other various instruments. Then I can be on my way to composing.

Thanks,

Jonathan
darkarmy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Somebody Help Please Reply with quote

I am still having trouble figuring out how to design my own drum kit in Global mode using various drum and cymbal samples from different kits.
This can't be that hard... I just don't know what I am doing. I did it on my Korg Triton Classic years ago (Like 20 yrs ago), but I forgot what I did.

I know it sucks answering questions for Korg Krome newbies, but I would really appreciate it so I can get to composing new music. I am in Global and on Page 5. Where do I take it from here?
Thank you,

Jonathan
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan, please write me on contact@danstesco. ro
Will direct you with video on ZOOM, Skype or WhatsApp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: