Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mpc one vs wavestate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdgarp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: mpc one vs wavestate Reply with quote

Hi guys,
i can't connect korg wavestate with mpc one.
using the midi cable, korg lives control. i wish i could sample and hear korg sounds from mpc.
I hope you understand what I mean, I'm using google translate
ty
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MIDI cable doesn't carry audio data. It only carries data concerned with things like note on/off messages, which note to play, and how hard to play it, in other words, the instructions that a keyboard might generate to tell a sound module to play. If you want the MPC One to receive audio from the Opsix, then use the Opsix's L & R audio outs to the MPC One's Audio Ins.

mdgarp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The MIDI cable doesn't carry audio data. It only carries data concerned with things like note on/off messages, which note to play, and how hard to play it, in other words, the instructions that a keyboard might generate to tell a sound module to play. If you want the MPC One to receive audio from the Opsix, then use the Opsix's L & R audio outs to the MPC One's Audio Ins.

i connected the L&R outputs with the main L&R inputs, do I have to use inputs 1 and 2?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the MPC One, the Inputs 1 and 2, in the sampling and record menus, correspond to the L & R inputs, respectively. If Akai had labelled the inputs on the rear panel 1 & 2, it would have avoided confusion. Maybe the software guys forgot to talk to the hardware guys, or vice versa ;-)

mdgarp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.
ultimately the cables go from L&R by korg to L&R input (not main) by mpc one.
the settings: on korg from the utility menu set midi clock to auto and channel n1.
on mpc set the track to input 1 and 2 (not r & L) and arm IN or AUTO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: