Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wavestate and opsix native plug ins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cs759 wrote:
shaunyata wrote:
My question is this (and this is not sour grapes): if I already own a Wavestate with the free Editor/Librarian software, why would I need the Native VST? What more functionality would I gain from the VST that I don't already have? I can easily integrate the Wavestate with Ableton--do it all the time.

The Native interface looks like another version of the Editor software. The 4 lanes have a more expanded layout that's a bit easier to read.

About the only advantage I can think of is that I won't have to route the audio through an audio converter, like M-Audio. That saves a few extra steps.

You would be able to render events or tracks faster and easier than recording hardware, freeze tracks, no dealing with patches offline.

Advantage of hardware is that once recorded/rendered the audio there is virtually no load on daw. Just an audio track is virtually no cpu.

VST instruments is very different in that regard, until frozen. The best daw IMO for freezing is Cakewalk/Sonar where all rendered outs in timeline on VST instruments get their own audio track. One press to freeze it all, and one press of a button to unfreeze. Cakewalk also disable and remove resources as they freeze instruments.

So it's a little about daws too, I think, how smooth freezing is. Cubase hide all audio rendered in the pool, you have no visual contact in timeline while working with the audio. You have to look at original midi to know where you are pretty much.(I ran 9.5 last, if not changed since)

StudioOne I also find a bit annoying that you have to disable instruments manually when rendered a track to really gain cpu.(I ran 4.6 last).

I run all hardware through a patch bay, and just redirect to the audio inputs I have when recording audio. So as I first had 2 audio inputs was still enough.

And also possible to do at least rough phones mixes on a weak laptop while traveling or something. Tour bus or whatever.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Makes you wonder why they don’t make a Workstation that feels like a Kronos but actually controlls VST’s running on a PC..

I would really like to see an updated and reliable Open Labs NEKO type system - The idea was great, but just missed the mark.

That was one of the worst ideas ever…

People want dedicated controls..

If you wanna knows what would work?

Have a look at the hydrasynths interface…
It could be translated to any vst…

Rumors indicate that Bitwig is trying to step to hardware with just this, a system that works intuitive to controll any VST..
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Rumors indicate that Bitwig is trying to step to hardware with just this, a system that works intuitive to controll any VST..

I thought Softube Console 1 was a good attempt, but way overpriced to start with. After all it was just a SSL plugin they controlled with a simple hardware.

As I recall they later also supported to load 3rd party plugins, some at least.

What I thought was interesting that they had 20 buttons that could activate any track in a daw, and also a page switch to do 20 more tracks.

But Softube said they had no attempt to control daw, at first at least. I think they got feedback to do that, and not sure how far they went.

To control at daw I don't think you need motorized faders on every track to be smooth. Quickly activate a track and have a single on hardware would be good enough, I think.

I did some attempts to control NI B4 plugins with a UC-33 controller. There was even a prepared plastic overlay panel for it and a preset ready to do that. Helped a little, but went Hammond hardware anyway after a while when NI did not provide 64-bit version of B4.

There a handful overlay panel for a couple of wellknown plugins also.

But to get it as smooth as hardware instruments is really hard. And decided 10 years ago to go all hardware in investments from then on. Never regretted it.

With hardware you have one button press to power up and sit and play a bit, or make sounds or whatever. It's more like a 10 minute task with a computer to be ready to play.

Anyway, just a reaction to your comment....
teasltonerick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Can't get wavestate crossgrade coupon... Reply with quote

Can't get wavestate crossgrade coupon because the Librarian 1.1.1 won't connect with wavestate 2.1.0 using either NCM or RNDIS on Win 10 21H2!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: