Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum samples ring forever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Drum samples ring forever Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm editing a Drum Kit in the Global settings... and something isn't right.

Most sounds are fine but toms and cymbals ring forever. The weird thing is that I have been working on the kick, snare and hi hat so I haven't actually edited any of them and they should be as they were in the preset rock kit that I started with. I have edited kits before but not experienced this issue.

The same thing happens when I use the program that the kit is linked to. I haven't messed with any of the samples or oscillators. I disconnected all midi and foot pedals and rebooted but the problem persists. Other factory preset kits work as they should.

Any ideas? Does the group that the sound belongs to have any bearing on this?

UPDATE: This happens on all the drum kits not just the one I have edited. It also seems to be related to the sample as the D# Ride cymbal sometimes rings and sometimes doesn't depending on which sample is being used.

Drum Kit programs still work normally. Has something got corrupted somewhere?

UPDATE 2: I basically saved everything, reinitialized the Kross and reloaded and it seems to have fixed it. Would still be interested to hear what could have caused it.

UPDATE 3: After loading a .SNG file the problem came back. Further investigation needed Sad

DD
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the .SNG file was a false flag.

I reinitialized, loaded the programs and drum kits and edited one again from scratch.

I've added some 2nd samples to kick and snares with cross fade settings, copied some key setups to other keys (not the problem ones) and at some point the ringing issue has just materialized.

Anyone got any clues as to what it might be before it goes in the bin? Is there a manufacturer guarantee on the Kross2?

DD
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: * SOLVED * Reply with quote

Hi,

As usual the answer is quite simple... All I had to do was save the program linked to the kit as a DRM/SFX type and the ringing stopped. I won't forget that in a hurry.

Solution posted in the hope that my agitation, anger and stupidity can be channeled to help someone else in the future.

DD
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always goot to be reminded of these things ;-)

Thanks for posting the update.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: