Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 Korg : Most Missing User Features vs WaveSt & ModWv

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree wit this
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: 4 Korg : Most Missing User Features vs WaveSt & ModWv Reply with quote

Owning Op6 from several months now, using it integrated in a set with Modwave and Wavestate, these missing (or inverted) features are especialy blocking me.

1) Make the Op6 works in same UI mode as its brothers, especially for the favorite list of presets : when on Modwave and Wavestate the selected preset in the list is lit and the 15 others off, on Op6 the selected one is Off and the not selected lit !!!!

2) Impossible to select by midi a Preset from the favorite list.
When on Modwave and Wavestate with midi messages Bank Select followed by a PC (Prog change) we can select from the current favorite List, on Op6 there is no way to select by midi any preset from the favorite list. On Op6 Bank Select followed by a PC (0 -99) directly select amongst the 500 presets in it. problem is that we frequently move thse presets (due to 500 limit) and each time we have to re-program our midi controller. What I would sugest is to add a virtual 5th bank which would be the 'Favorite List Bank' and extend the midi implementation to cover this.

3) Implement a category filter for the Program selector, just using the categories we can see in Op6 librarian. This could help a lot when searching for pads or Arp, etc. This exists in the 2 brothers Wavestate and Wavestate.

4) Make some button flash when midi instructions are received. This is also missing on the brothers and seems so easy to implement regarding the number of buttons with light capability.

These are mainly user interface features, implementing them could make the Op6 usage more similar to Modwave and Wavestate and more friendly.

Last edited by CSURIEUX on Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Addisonic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the opsix chose to display the selected preset as 'off' while the others remain 'lit' which helps in determining the selected position in dark or dimly lit environments (otherwise it would just be one lit button floating in a sea of blackness).

A MIDI indicator would be a welcome addition. I would recommend they create another 'ANALYZER' screen where there would be plenty of real estate to show raw MIDI messages or simple indicators to show both incoming and outgoing activity for notes, mod wheel, pitch bend pressure etc.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addisonic wrote:
I like how the opsix chose to display the selected preset as 'off' while the others remain 'lit' which helps in determining the selected position in dark or dimly lit environments (otherwise it would just be one lit button floating in a sea of blackness)

This is because you don't play Opsix in same time as Wavestate and/or ModeWave, because this invertion is really annoying when you move from one to the other. In the black or not.
Addisonic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if my post came across wrong - I understand and agree with the desire for consistent behavior across the Korg product line. That being said, IF the others could be changed to work the way Opsix does then that would be better and consistent in my opinion. It seems like a simple thing for Korg to put a setting in the all the products to switch between the regular or inverted way.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addisonic wrote:
Sorry if my post came across wrong - I understand and agree with the desire for consistent behavior across the Korg product line. That being said, IF the others could be changed to work the way Opsix does then that would be better and consistent in my opinion. It seems like a simple thing for Korg to put a setting in the all the products to switch between the regular or inverted way.

Ha ok, I misunderstood and now totally agree.
holografique

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, those lights are super bright on the favorites list, and for me, it's actually annoying and blinding when looking at the panel for other editing tasks.

I have to turn town the brightness, but then it makes all the other controls too dim.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holografique wrote:
Not to mention, those lights are super bright on the favorites list, and for me, it's actually annoying and blinding when looking at the panel for other editing tasks.

I have to turn town the brightness, but then it makes all the other controls too dim.

Each time I turn it on, because it is installed side by side with Wavestate and ModWave, I am annoyed by this inversion. Opsix being enlighten as a proof of all the energy wast on the planet we are pushed to by our tools, even if it's leds.
Still no move from Korg Japan who seems to have conceived Opsix. Could we expect something ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: