Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need synth engine on PA5X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korgpa2xmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject: We need synth engine on PA5X Reply with quote

Just another proof of concept video. This is one of the solutions i've been using during the years. Works for me, but not easy to setup, nor user friendly. I guess a rompler synth would do, but we need arpeggiator (Karma?) in the upper section. Since i don't have much contact with Korg's developers any more i hope someone will stumble upon my posts requesting this feature. It is insane how massive this sounds with just a simple drum/bass pattern and synth. Three instruments only. To be honest i expected this or similar upgrade in Pa4x, and is the sole reason i never upgraded from Pa3x.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree!!! Great sounds etc....

This level of additional synth tech in an already overloaded arranger would not suit me. Maybe because I own a Kronos already however adding that level of synth/arpegg I believe would overload the arranger.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the current engine should be expanded..

So instead of a sample only, every oscilator could be a VA or. Wavetable or what ever…. And also allowing to have a seperate filter for each oscialtor.. they also should allow FM between the oscialtors and more things

Turn the sample synth engine inside the PA series into a full modular engine with many more oscialtor options
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Korg removed KARMA from Nautilus ,and Kronos is discontinued ,
i doubt if we will see a Pa5x or any arranger soon....
It seems to me that Korg gets focused more on software synths....eventually next arranger will be in software version...

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
It seems to me that Korg gets focused more on software synths....eventually next arranger will be in software version...

I have to say... I am a little more optimistic regarding PA4X replacement....in light of how hard it is for some areas of manufacturing to bring hardware to market considering global electrical component shortages (which I envisage to carry on through 2022).... also not forgetting the negative effects of lock-downs on businesses with all the disruption this has caused in many way's (some are bouncing back better than others) I think it is reasonable to consider Korg may have been forced to move there Road Map out... and let's not forget the introduction of "Next" (Pre global lock-downs) which indicated a possible change (extention to product life) from previous product renewal time lines... add this altogether... then I do not think it is unreasonable to consider we may (unfortunately) have to wait a little longer Smile
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
korg1 wrote:

I have to say... I am a little more optimistic regarding PA4X replacement....in light of how hard it is for some areas of manufacturing to bring hardware to market considering global electrical component shortages (which I envisage to carry on through 2022).... also not forgetting the negative effects of lock-downs on businesses with all the disruption this has caused in many way's (some are bouncing back better than others) I think it is reasonable to consider Korg may have been forced to move there Road Map out... and let's not forget the introduction of "Next" (Pre global lock-downs) which indicated a possible change (extention to product life) from previous product renewal time lines... add this altogether... then I do not think it is unreasonable to consider we may (unfortunately) have to wait a little longer Smile

NEXT is not a recent change in the OS.

It dates from 2019 a year before Covid hit.

Since than nothing.

Even worst for the 700 & 1000 where there have been zero significant updates since their release in 2017.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote: NEXT is not a recent change in the OS.

Response to above Quote.... I think I was clear about that.

What I am suggesting is the possible accumulative affects that could account for any perceived delays for the much-anticipated PA4X replacement... all hypothetical of course because ultimately we do not know unless we have first hand knowledge...just educated guess Smile
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your post differently hence why I commented.

At the time next was released it was anticipated and even hinted at by Korg UK staff that there would be a Next version for the 700 & 1000.

As it is just software there is no hardware changes involved then even in a lockdown situation there is nothing to have stopped the development of the software update. If there is any reason why there should not be updates to the OS of the 700 & 1000 then the only one is that there are hardware updates in the pipeline.

Given the feeling on this forum, not just this section but the others as well, that Korg is not looking after their customers then they really should have issued a statement.

There again with the recent software release of Wavestate maybe there are moving towards software as the prime way forward.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need a synthengine inside..

Or do we need an interface that allows us to controll external sound devices (hardware and software) and daws?

If the pa5x comes with multiple (digital midi channels). And like 8 or 16 digital audio channels…. Making the pa5x a midi hub/controller and an audio device/mixer…

Then there is no reason to have more engines inside the Pa4x..

Just imagine that the pa5x fullly controlls gadget on pc or ipad? And Korg finally allows to use external instruments in gadget… you have the best of all worlds..
striphio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be satisfied with AL-1 or MOD-7. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striphio wrote:
I would be satisfied with AL-1 or MOD-7. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Two entirely different beatst..

Maybe they just could add the features of both these synths to the pa4x engine..

So instead of a sample, using a VA osc, an FM osc, or a wavetable …. And being able to add filters and other modulators directly to an oscilator.. if they combine this with a huge upgrade to the number of insert effects… and new midi operators, they are on the right track
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now in 2022, i suppose it would be awesome and easy to be done having Falcon or similar engines on Next Pa model.
In my Opinion,one of the best Vst

It's time for companies like Korg to move forward if they don't want to lose the race on this.

Software engines are much power than most hardware nowdays.
This should mean something for Korg i suppose.
Korg has to stop messing with the toys she tries to sell and create a really powerfull software based synth/arranger

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
Now in 2022, i suppose it would be awesome and easy to be done having Falcon or similar engines on Next Pa model.
In my Opinion,one of the best Vst

It's time for companies like Korg to move forward if they don't want to lose the race on this.

Software engines are much power than most hardware nowdays.
This should mean something for Korg i suppose.
Korg has to stop messing with the toys she tries to sell and create a really powerfull software based synth/arranger

I don’t know if Falcon is the best, but it certainly seems the most versatile, its like a keyboardworkstation on its own..

But Korg has enough know how to build an equal engine inside the next kronos, if they want to, i highly doubt Korg Italy has any interest in this tough
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for them in my opinion.
Arranger soft-based already using audio loops are working great.Only limit is that their styles are locked,you can use only pre-made ready audio loops.

I believe in next 3 years ,there will be quite many software arrangers,where you can use any hardware or software plugins and of course audio loops on the fly .

The sooner Korg will get involved with this,the better for the company,otherwise they will have to quit now,as later will be too late for them...

Blazenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/OMl4efMG5HI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: