Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble loading styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blocka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Trouble loading styles Reply with quote

I have a style set from a korg PA50sd. I formatted my USB, then copied created the various folders (there's more than just style and program), into the EK-50 directory.

When I load it on my keyboard, it just gets stuck at "processing..."
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try loading the Styles individually and not as a SET - PA50 is OLD, EK is new.

Cheers
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
blocka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EK50 only takes sets, as far as I understand. So I'm not sure I understand the advice here.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry - I didn't realise the "style loading" was so limited in this keyboard.

If you are following the instructions on P24 of the manual it should load up OK.

Can't help beyond that - sorry.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Garysog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble loading styles Reply with quote

blocka wrote:
I have a style set from a korg PA50sd. I formatted my USB, then copied created the various folders (there's more than just style and program), into the EK-50 directory.

Assuming you don't have any difficulty loading normal .sty files..

I think what I'd do is, use Korg Style Sniffer to make sure the individual styles in the set are recognized.
You can then have any from 1 to 16 of those styles in the set(.sty file), the problem is removing individual styles from the set so you can test one style in the .sty file at a time.
Bunwich100

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble loading styles Reply with quote

blocka wrote:

HI, I just spent some time doing almost the same thing and was ultimately successful.

I had downloaded a style set (PianoSty)from the "Bonusware" page which is also supposedly based on the PA50sd. The zip file contains a folder PianoSty > PianoSty.set > STYLE. The STYLE folder has two files USER01.sty and USER02.sty.

I formatted a USB stick with my EK50 U as per the instructions. The formatting procedure created an EK-50 folder and a subfolder "SetlLst"

The instruction manual for the EK50 U threw me a curve at this point. It reads to create a folder "EK-50 U" and then subfolders STYLE and PROGRAM.
I did that and copied the two USER files into the STYLE folder.

When I attempted the load, I received a "file not found" error. I guess the instructions were in error. I moved the STYLE folder with the USER files and the empty PROGRAM folder to the existing EK-50 folder that was created during formatting. I ended up with one folder EK-50, 3 subfolder: STLYE, PROGRAM, and SetList. The STYLE folder contained USER01.sty, USER02.sty. PROGRAM and SetList folders were empty.

This time the loading process worked perfectly and I must say the love these Piano Styles. They sound great!

"Face Piles of Styles with Smiles"

Korg EK-50 U
Casio CT-S400

"Face Piles of Styles with Smiles"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: