Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus Data Entry and User Interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:27 am    Post subject: Nautilus Data Entry and User Interface Reply with quote

Hello, fellow Nautilus enthusiasts! Long time Kronos user here, having purchased one of the first Kronos 61s in my country back in 2011.

I'm considering picking up a Nautilus 61 key to augment my Kronos weighted 73 key whilst they're heavily discounted, however there aren't any to demo near me at the moment (closest demo unit is about 3500km away). Just wanted to get people's thoughts on usability of the reduced control surface and smaller touch screen. In particular:

- How is the font size compared to the Kronos with the redesigned screens?
- How is sensitivity of the touch panel?
- Without a value slider, how easy is it to make large changes to parameters? For example, adjusting loop start and end points in the sampler is something I frequently do with the value slider on the Kronos, because the data wheel changes values too slowly. How does this work on the Nautilus in practice? Is there a quick way to use the touch screen for scrolling through, or has the response of the data wheel been increased?
- Finally, is the 61 Key version the same keybed as the Kronos 61 Keybed? I've heard different reports (even though Korg's own specs say they're the same keybed).

I've had a read through the parameter guide and operations guide but would appreciate any real-world experiences!

Thanks!
Lee
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee!

The font size is very little smallest but the screen aspect is 16:9 so the font is more eligible.
The screen touch working better than Kronos.
The Data Wheel working intelligent if you scroll with speed the numbers move faster. For example if increase the speed the data increase 10 by 10 or 100 by 100.
The Keybed is similar with Kronos 61 or M3 61.

If need more info please don't hesitate to ask Smile

Best,
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: