Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos, Prologue and KingKorg discontinued it seems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Kronos, Prologue and KingKorg discontinued it seems Reply with quote

A bit surprised - are you?
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos, Prologue and KingKorg discontinued it seems Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
A bit surprised - are you?

No not really. Kronos and King Korg are rather, long in the tooth, and are covered performance wise by other Korg keyboards. The Prologue, on the other hand, has had issues with tonality or rather drifting out of tune. Maybe Korg felt that the newer products out covered it as well. my two cents Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no problems with my P8, but read some comments on 16 voice version for some people.

After 20 minutes the P8 is all stable and in tune with Multi Engine stuff. And if using FM that is rather sensitive too.

Hope Korg has something up the sleeve with a new flag ship analog then.
Polybrute is hard to beat though.

And if a workstation with a display at least as Oasys had or connector to attach such a display. Maybe wifi even like real simple DSLR cameras I have has if using long hours.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
Had no problems with my P8, but read some comments on 16 voice version for some people.

After 20 minutes the P8 is all stable and in tune with Multi Engine stuff. And if using FM that is rather sensitive too.

Hope Korg has something up the sleeve with a new flag ship analog then.
Polybrute is hard to beat though.

And if a workstation with a display at least as Oasys had or connector to attach such a display. Maybe wifi even like real simple DSLR cameras I have has if using long hours.

I also had heard that the issues were with the 16 voice as well. Maybe it has more to do with lagging sales numbers or some such thing. On the other hand, The Kronos is about 11 years old now. My Nautilus covers the bases of what the Kronos offers but, honestly, is not a major upgrade for the Kronos or even the Oasys for that matter. The Nautilus demands more menu diving for creating new sounds but has most all the features that I have available even in my old Oasys. Maybe should be viewed as more of a performance oriented keyboard that is lighter and more upgraded with "current" sounds. I do love the new pianos it offers out of the box. Realistically, Korg's modern keyboards seem to amplify new sounds and access to them and cost savings as their forte. No real reinvention of the wheel; rather more refinements. There is certainly enough potential for me to tap into and work with in my current lineup of boards.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only surprised to see prologue on that list
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Yes, and Analog Synthesizers moved almost to bottom of the list now.
Probably due to lack of flagship analog.

Workstations, VA synths, Arrangers and everything else is at the top.

Will be interesting to see if they take up on competition with a new flagship analog.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Yes, and Analog Synthesizers moved almost to bottom of the list now.
Probably due to lack of flagship analog.

Workstations, VA synths, Arrangers and everything else is at the top.

Will be interesting to see if they take up on competition with a new flagship analog.

Absolutely utterly and totally wrong.

Arrangers …… at the top

Most definitely not the case.

PA4X old model, way behind in tech.

PA1000 / 700 no significant updates in operating system since their release 5 years ago, rubbish internal memory capacity

Remainder of PA range even older than the Pa4X.

Korg have lost their way.
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:

Arrangers …… at the top

Most definitely not the case.

Wrong choice of words maybe, 'above' is maybe more correct.
Analog Synthesizers are listed at bottom almost, just above software.
As I recall Analog synths were listed with Prologue on top, before workstations.

PA1000 and PA700 are having a "New" label beside it.
And since they have hdmi video out, also seems more modern.

Wavestate just 2 years old, is not having 'New' anymore.

Maybe not universally useful with arrangers for me, but no harm in looking around.
If just a fraction of features are useful could be enough.
But currently not 'hot' for me.

Having Minilogue XD still in production probably says better seller as volume is regarded than Prologue. It is very good synth for the money it seems to me - 4 voice.

Moving Analogue synths so down below is either they are coming with new flagship of some sort, or just no priority for Korg with more Analog anymore.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The year before Covid there were seven new or updated Synths, the Nautilus and one low end digital piano.

Since than nothing significant but the writing may be on the wall with more software based products as per recent releases.

I do not want a Synth, I am a home player and an Arranger is a one box does it all for me and many tens of thousand others.

There is only Korg and Yamaha that make arrangers in the £1000 to £3000 price range, OK there is Ketron but they are like Kurzweil here in the UK, practically non existant, so Korg or Yamaha it is.

I just looked on Korg UK’s Facebook page and had to go back over a year to find a post they had started on a Pa arranger, since then it has been synth, synth, synth, XE20, software and Nautilus. So yeah arranger users very badly treated.

If nothing from Korg by the beginning of October I will be jumping ship to Yamaha.
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that both arranger and workstation folks urge for updated and improved gear.

Nautilus was probably a small step sideways that did not require too much development.

Listing synths and keyboards on top is what Korg are most proud of right now. If they feel frontline gear.

Still think digital stuff like ModWave and Opsix brings new stuff. Korg are innovative still in my view.

As Multi Engine in Minilogue XD and Prologue also brings new levels to synth gear - or brought is more relevant maybe.

I think Korg will bring new stuff in the next year and something that extend what we can do from before.

Analog gear like Polybrute is quite a beast to beat. Arturia did not stop at anything there. A true joy to explore new territory there.

Still enjoying Prologue though, but spend maye 20% fine tuning presets and that compared to Polybrute.

But I enjoy making presets alone, exploring synths like that. Does not have to be directly music related in finalizing and mixing music. As retired I don't ahve deadlines and such. All for pleasure and curiosity.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not holding out hope for a new flagship workstation. The OASYS was superseded by the Kronos, which was a lighter version from a BOM perspective. The Nautilus in turn supersedes the Kronos, again, reducing the bill of materials. I think Korg R&D have been busy working on the Raspberry PI-based Modeave, Wavestation and Opsix, so it does make me wonder how many resources they will have had to work on an entirely new workstation. Korg Japan seem to be focussing on Volcas and the supporting hardware for the Wavestate etc.

Whilst we may see a new workstation, that would mean that Korg would have the i3, Kross, Krome, Nautilus and the new workstation in the line-up, which seems like a lot.

Yesterday I picked up a new Kronos 2 73 key for not much more than the Nautilus equivalent. Having owned a Kronos now for a decade, I’m confident this one will see me through the next decade - I feel like I have only explored a quarter of its capabilities. If Korg do release something new, I will be hesitant to upgrade - I have waited long enough and am happy with what I have.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: