Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux Update & Librarian via Wine (works)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruprecht

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Linux Update & Librarian via Wine (works) Reply with quote

Hi all.

I had success updating my wavestate and using the librarian with wine under Ubuntu 20.04. I thought I'd share what I did with anyone whom might be interested. The updater and librarian work great; the update process was fast and smooth. I have no idea if someone has already done this, or even cares, but though I'd share anyway.

This was done on Ubuntu 20.04 and wine 5.0 from the Ubuntu repository.

Connect the wavestate vis usb

In Ubuntu enable USB Ethernet to connect automatically.

Open Korgs latest librarian with wine and go through the install process.

Add vcruntime140_1.dll to the system folder in the wineprefix

open winecfg and add the following dll overrides.

rnds (native)
vcruntime140 (native, builtin)

Install the updater and you should be able to use either app without issue.

Note: I use Q4Wine on my machine and have separate prefixes for applications but both Korg apps reside under the same prefix for this instance.

I hope this helps.
Muriatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nearly there but the Wavestate Editor/Librarian (v1.01) is failing with an error code - but then again I am not very familiar with Wine. Please can you answer a couple of questions?

Should I be adding RNDIS rather than RNDS?

When you say to add " vcruntime140_1.dll " do you manually download the DLL and then copy it to the "~/.wine/c:/windows/system/" subdirectory?

And I presume the Wavestate wants to be set to "rndis" mode rather than NCM mode

The error code produced by the Wavestate editor/librarian , by the way, says "connection error unable to connect to the device korgwavestate1.local. responded with: "Error 4"

(I can ping the Wavestate - I have set it to a manual IP address). This is Linux Mint 20.3 which I think is based on 20.04.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: