Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al urezzio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: new updates Reply with quote

I am very confused with this Korg workstation BS ..i made the mistake & bought a pa3x with doing research when a new model was coming out ..of course a few months after the 4x came out ..first im not in a financial position to sell 3x/then buy a 4x . so at first all the updates & new stuff for the 3x was great ..but it stopped ...what I noticed though is they are still doing new Os & sounds & styles for the 4 x ..Why its been almost 5 yrs since its been out ..and they let us 3x owners suffer .. my last question do you think they will ever come out with a 5x ????

ps if there are any 4x owners that have converted 4xstyles to the 3x please send zip files to alurezzio@gmail.com
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Al

PA3X is awesome - I don't think you "made a mistake".
We've really had 2 PA4X models by means of huge updates to the OS - these updates were not just bug fixes and a couple of nice things - they redesigned the OS significantly.
PA4X is still getting attention (new styles etc..) because it is current and still in the shops - PA3X is long gone in that regard.

I wish Korg would offer on-going support/updates for older models but it would not be a logical business decision - HOWEVER, Korg could offer these enhancements at a cost (I'm not referring to bug-fixes) - I would certainly pay for them - you would get to feel invested more in your purchase.

Korg made the business decision to halt development on the PA3X (same as earlier on PA1X, PA2X etc...)

I would imagine that we will continue see new models but what and when is unknown.
My biggest concern is spare parts availability for my PA4X - they are there at the moment but not easily available in some cases.

I fully understand the $$$ pain in affording to update to newer models.
I can't advise you Al - I am wondering what I will do if a new PA is announced tomorrow - my immediate thoughts are to leave it for 18-24 months and then consider it, but what if Korg come up with a REALLY fabulous new model??? Hmmmmm - will just sit on that one for now.

Don't be mislead by the rumours - something has been photographed and videoed "illegally" with poor quality cameras with steamed up lenses - there is a possibility that this is a new model but then if it was "real" there is a strong possibility that it is a prototype - hence the final model could be somewhat different.

All unqualified speculation.

Don't despair (yet Wink )

Take care

Pete Very Happy

P.S. Don't get rid of the PA3X - it was my favourite in terms of stability and incredibly professional - that last PA3X OS release was the best - PA4X took much longer to "stabilise" but is excellent now.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy instruments about a year after their release, for several reasons, your dissapointment is one of them. Next to that, most bugs have been hunted after a year.. and also prices often dropped considerably, and its possible to find used keys from early addapters..
Veren

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I posted many sentiments about same back then when all PA3X updates were stopped only a few years in and Korg was not bothered then and surely would not care now....like i said back the "take the money and run"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: