Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selecting XX banks. manual instruction does not work...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Selecting XX banks. manual instruction does not work... Reply with quote

According to the Quick Start Guide, pressing and holding the I-C buttons is supposed to then select a User double letter bank )ie AA BB CC DD etc) but this does not work.

Instead it just goes to the usual A B C D etc banks. Has this changed from the QSG?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Program mode, it is necessary to press the corresponding Internal and User bank buttons simultaneously e.g. pressing the I-C and the U-C buttons simultaneously gives access to the User-CC bank. There is no comparable extra banks feature in Combi mode.

pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, yeah that I was aware of. I am in program mode, and any combination if the I-U holding or pressing ends up with the same result.

I cannot load the double letter banks, it just keeps going to the single letter bank.

I can scroll through the double letter banks with the jog wheel, but that takes forever hahaha!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Int and User key pairs that are directly one above the other are the ones that need to be pressed simultaneously, and they should both light up when done. The extra banks, and the double key press to access them, is a feature available from software version 1.5 onwards. What operating software version are you using? The version number appears during start-up.

It seems a little strange that it's not working on your setup. If the Int and User Bank buttons all work individually as they should, it raises the question why the double simultaneous button press isn't detected by the operating system. Is the Kronos definitely in Program mode? Does pressing the Prog button first before doing the double Bank button press work? Might there be any other buttons that are inadvertently being held down by something that's resting on the Kronos, or a button stuck down? Try disconnecting all MIDI cables and USB cables, to see if that helps.

If the double Bank Key press method really doesn't work, then using the list menu, that appears when tapping the arrow to the left of the Program number and name, will allow more rapid access to the extra double letter Program slots, using the tabs that appear on the left of the screen. Use the "More" screen buttons to see the extra tabs.

pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - OS is latest (afaik) 3.1.3

Yeah the manual says it's possible, everything I have seen/researched says it's possible, but it just does not happen Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: