Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x has been officially discontinued
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're really lucky, they're working on the next big workstation and next big professional arranger behind the scenes.

And it will blow all our minds.

If not - well, KORG is just leaving the whole keyboard thing behind except for basic synths.
Nemydom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
All in all, its time for a replacement..

They took their time, so i really hope we will see a considerable update with quite some innovations..

Could someone, especially someone from Italy, confirm that Korg-Italy still exists and, at least, working on "something"?
I have a fear (also, based on some 2020's rumours ) that they either:
-already ceased to exist
-are in the process of liquidation( or similar)
-decided to stop development in the TOTL arrangers area.

I was thinking about it long enough, and may conclude that there is no point to declare the current model as "discontinued", if they are going to introduce a new model any time sooner or later.
As an example, I may recall the Roland Fantom G story. When Roland revealed the fact that Fantom G was discontinued, they were confident, that they are not going to continue the Fantom line any time soon.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could someone, especially someone from Italy, confirm that Korg-Italy still exists and, at least, working on "something"?
I have a fear (also, based on some 2020's rumours ) that they either:
-already ceased to exist
-are in the process of liquidation( or similar)
-decided to stop development in the TOTL arrangers area.

My understanding is that the management of "Italy" was changed and came under USA (I think) - that was pre-PA4X and answered many questions regarding the issues around the PA4X release and the manner in which it was released. Don't know if that has changed again since but at that time the Italy team were controlled tightly and very differently.
I think this is why we no longer hear from our good friend Paolo at Korg (maybe he has left them).

I have only gathered this from past posts in this forum.
Soon, maybe there'll be a new TOTL arranger from another manufacturer and I think we are all fed up with the silence now - this time it has been way too long.
I don't really care if they take another 2 years or more but I am becoming concerned about the support of my PA4X - repair/parts etc.. - unless I buy a second one, I may end up forced to buy an alternate "current" arranger - there is isn't one right now!!!

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
al urezzio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: no buying a 4x Reply with quote

well, many years ago when i was looking at buying the 3x ,nothing was being said about a newer model coming out ,,of course one did right after I bought a 3x ..so this time i am being very patient .if a 5x or whatever they call it eventually comes ,then i will make the switch ..but if they stop with the workstation then a used 4x will do the trick .. just my 2 cents
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
Could someone, especially someone from Italy, confirm that Korg-Italy still exists...

Hi,

they still exist.

Beginning of October they got a new chief, Dirk Lindemann, former member of the German Distributor "Korg & More" ( he was replaced there by Jürgen Sartorius, the most famous German Korg-demonstrator so far ).

An interview from 11. december 2021 ( german language... ) is to be found here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MEVESu-T-o&t=5s

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
The PA4X has been around as Korg's top arranger for over six years now. My guess is they have sold a huge number of units worldwide ultimately making it a profitable product for the Company. I still find mine a joy to play with the only aspect of the keyboard a little dated being the quality of the onboard pianos. Everything else I'm reasonably happy with (not that they can't be improved upon). That said it's a good time for a replacement, hopefully including some of the Nautilus technology.
I cannot imagine for one minute that Korg would be prepared to hand Yamaha a monopoly on the arranger market, It would be a disaster. Competition is vital to maintaining high standards.
I'm sure Covid has not helped things, as well as a shortage of computer chips that must have slowed production.
As a 66 year old long time Korg owner who has sadly attended five funerals/cremations of friends and family since September this year, I am (fingers crossed) hoping for a better 2022.
Chris
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopy wrote:
Nemydom wrote:
Could someone, especially someone from Italy, confirm that Korg-Italy still exists...

Hi,

they still exist.

Beginning of October they got a new chief, Dirk Lindemann, former member of the German Distributor "Korg & More" ( he was replaced there by Jürgen Sartorius, the most famous German Korg-demonstrator so far ).

An interview from 11. december 2021 ( german language... ) is to be found here :

Would any German speaking member of the forum be willing to write a transcript of the interview in English please?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
Nemydom wrote:

Hi,

they still exist.

Would any German speaking member of the forum be willing to write a transcript of the interview in English please?

No real content or news

Just about his personal life changing now he works 3 months in Italy and then 3 months in Germany cycles..

He is involved as an advisor in the ddevelopment of new instruments.. he confirmed that all of this is under non-disclosure
PatrickD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the Korg Pa4X-76 76-key Professional Arranger is no longer available. We've left this page up for reference only. Check out the great alternatives on this page or call toll-free (800) 222-4700 to speak with a Sweetwater Sales Engineer about similar products.

This is what SweetWater thinks about it.
And I was just getting in the mood to pull the trigger on this puppy.
Oh Well Crying or Very sad
CUBASE 11.5 Halion 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: