Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA1000 AVAILABILITY?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DESERT GUY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: KORG PA1000 AVAILABILITY? Reply with quote

Does anyone know the reason why there are no PA 1000 Arrangers available from any dealers? Is there any word when they may become available again? Thank You
Gourockian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gourockian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are starting to appear now at some of the big dealers but check around for prices as they are increasing to $2600.

This is a very good deal and they show it in stock. https://www.prosoundgear.com/shop/bundles/keyboard-synth-bundles/korg-pa1000-61-key-professional-arranger-with-speakers-plixio-piano-keyboard-bench-dust-cover-sustain-pedal-64gb-usb-stick-tascam-th02-bundle/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlK-WBhDjARIsAO2sErS632FO1s9oJy-IHOO8UALA64mNe-TTjNVfIg0hGEVaLY7J9v6r9hoaAunhEALw_wcB

I ordered one in November, 2021 from a dealer in California who was still advertising it at the original price of $2000, plus tax and free shipping.

It was shipped on July 1st, after almost eight months and arrived last Friday. It was well worth the wait as there was no extra charge although they now list it at $2600.

Now I have to figure out how to use it properly as it is definitely different from my Tyros2 and Technics KN5000 and KN2600.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Price for Pa1000 Reply with quote

Gourockian wrote:
.. check around for prices as they are increasing to $2600 ... .

Let them list now at $2600, but price for Pa1000 does not increase to $2600 - rather has fallen sharply.

With link you mentioned (prosoundgear) you will find a set (Item #: 723592900205 ) containing Korg Pa1000 61-Key Professional Arranger with Speakers, Plixio Piano Keyboard, Bench, Dust Cover, Sustain Pedal, 64GB USB Stick, Tascam TH02 Bundle with a regular price maybe $2399.99.

If you create a VIP account you get up to 30% - members will save an average of 25% across all items.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Gourockian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Price for Pa1000 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Gourockian wrote:
.. check around for prices as they are increasing to $2600 ... .

Let them list now at $2600, but price for Pa1000 does not increase to $2600 - rather has fallen sharply.

I've no idea about prices in Austria or elsewhere in Europe but here in the US, when the Pa1000 was introduced, it was listed at $1999.99 ($2000). When I first started to seriously think about getting one (I think it was around early 2020), the price here had risen to $2200.

At that time, although I was interested I really didn't have enough funds to cover it so had to wait until I had sold some other gear. By this time, the price had increased to $2400 but I was fortunate to find an online site where they still had the original price of $2000, placed my order and that's what I paid. Now, most stores in the US are selling at $2600, although some are still at $2400, including the ProSoundGear bundle I referred to. The VIP discount, which I hadn't noticed, makes this a very attractive deal.

As far as I know, no US store has previously been selling the Pa1000 at a higher price but I'm wondering if perhaps you are thinking of the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) when you say the price has fallen sharply? It would be very rare and probably foolish, if a dealer were to advertise at MSRP.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Price for Pa1000 Reply with quote

Gourockian wrote:
.. It would be very rare and probably foolish, if a dealer were to advertise at MSRP.

Regardless of the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, the usual price that you pay at the retailer is decisive.

It is not foolish not to go below, but in some cases it is even illegal --> https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/verbraucher/preisabsprache-musikinstrumente-bussgelder-haendler-101.html

Manufacturers and retailers of musical instruments have agreed on prices for years - to the detriment of consumers. The Cartel Office imposed fines on some manufacturers and on the some dealers in Germany. All of them, as well as the employees responsible, will pay a total of 21 million euros in fines.

The manufacturers have at least urged the leading retailers not to fall below the minimum sales prices set, which they did in many cases," said Andreas Mundt, President of the Cartel Office. "In addition, the dealers have made agreements among themselves in individual cases about price increases for individual products."
In the US the laws are better (?!). There is a MAP (minimum advertising price) that no online retailer is allowed to undercut. What he does in the store is his business, but this requirement prevents all prices from being trashed on the Internet.

As a customer, I would not be interested in MSRP but in MAP.
--> http://www.markenverband.de/publikationen/studien/Minimum%20Advertised%20Price%20Restrictions%20FINAL%2020210419.pdf

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Gourockian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly is a very interesting news item about price fixing in Europe. I'm not sure if it happens here or not.

What I was meaning about the foolishness of advertising at MRSP is that any dealer doing so would probably not sell much when competitors are selling at far lower prices, probably MAP.

However, it seems that at least here, whenever a price increase is introduced, some dealers are quicker to raise them than others. That was why I suggested to the OP to shop around but I've just done another comparison in the last few minutes or so and now only ProSoundGear is the only online store selling it at $2400.

https://www.google.com/search?q=korg+pa1000&rlz=1C1PQHB_enUS1012US1012&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.35i39i362l7j46i39i175i199i362.522181042j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 Click on "Compare Prices" to expand the list.

Quote:
As a customer, I would not be interested in MSRP but in MAP.

I definitely agree with you on this.

I read through some of your second link but it was getting a bit too deep for me.........I just want to learn about my new keyboard. Very Happy

Strangely enough, different states here seem to have different ways of setting prices. As an example, one of the local grocery stores based in Florida also has stores in North Carolina, where my daughter lived until very recently. My wife tells me that whenever there is a special offer, it is treated differently between the two states due to state laws. Makes no sense but that's America for you (I'm originally from Scotland).

Getting back to the Pa1000, I'm still rather curious about you saying that the price has fallen sharply. Can you elaborate?

Regards,

Al
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject: Price for Pa1000 Reply with quote

Gourockian wrote:
.. I'm still rather curious about you saying that the price has fallen sharply. Can you elaborate?

I exaggerated a bit - but if I want to buy a Pa1000 in my region, it's offered for € 1,890 - so it's still a bit cheaper than four years ago.

Gourockian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Price for Pa1000 Reply with quote

Quote:
if I want to buy a Pa1000 in my region, it's offered for € 1,890 - so it's still a bit cheaper than four years ago.

At today's rate, that makes it almost the same in US dollars (1893.17), which is far less than advertised here. I wonder if that is the same with most products available in both markets.

It also seems strange that Korg are bringing prices down in your area, compared to four years ago but increasing them here. Oh well, that's life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: