Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch screen latency and sound cuts out occasionally
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekhedd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecofox wrote:
For information

To do the SSD upgrade I have follow the french youtube video "Nautilus Clone disque dur" ( I think you could translate the video and documentation in english) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKtZqYk84sE

I did the process in this video today and it went smoothly. (THANKS!) Seems to have fixed the lockup problem (need to play for a while to be sure, but no glitches yet). The auto-translate of the subtitles is approximate but the video is well done and almost does not need narration.

What was different on my system:

* Two connectors are hot-glued in place so I had to carefully turn the mainboard over CHECK FOR HOT GLUE!
* I used a 256G drive
* Did the disk clone on linux (dd if=/dev/sdx of=image bs=64k, then the reverse onto the new SDD)
* Used an antistatic wrist strap. Recommended!
* I put a small drop of (weak) thread-lock on the mainboard screws when reassembling. Don't want the screws falling out.

Otherwise it was a piece of cake. The heart of the process is that you're using GParted to resize the biggest partition, named "/korg/rw", which is inside an extended partition so you have to resize that first.

OK, in summary, the only things I've changed are:

- different disk hardware
- resized (enlarged) /korg/rw partition

All other parts of the disk are *binary identical* to factory spec, which is fine. I'm not trying to hack the platform, just make it to stop glitching out.

Idea: It could be that the OS doesn't like something about the "rw" partition, and resizing it is fixing the problem. If somebody wants to test this they can but I'm not taking out those 20 bottom-plate screws again. I'm pretty sure at least 2 of them are now cross-threaded. :(

Flaw with idea: when I plugged the drive into linux, all partitions were immediately identified, mounted clean with no fsck errors, so it's unlikely that the partition is the problem, unless it being "50% full" is a high level problem which is doubtful.

Anyway nuff said. I'd upload some pictures if I could but they just illustrate what I just said above. :)

[edit] Without the glitching I am instantly back in love with the Nautilus. Now if only someone would sell a lightweight waterfall midi controller with basic organ controls...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: