Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch screen latency and sound cuts out occasionally
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetrocker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject: Touch screen latency and sound cuts out occasionally Reply with quote

Looking at the Naut to replace my aging Kronos 2. It was bought used (5 months old, looks perfect), and also with some aftermarket sounds still installed. Firmware is 1.1.0, so slightly behind.

Initially, I've found some fairly regular latency with the touchscreen change delayed or "catching up". Assume this is normal, at least for now, but surprising since they had all the development of Kronos to make sure this was perfect. It's not.

Also, occasionally I'll play a program like an organ (might happen on combi as well .... not sure), and the sound will come on for a second after key press, then completely stop until I hit the keys again. Sometimes it will repeat this and I have to hit the keys a third time before it will stay on.

Has anyone expreieced either of these things, and might this be wrapped up in me not having 1.1.1 yet? Sad
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update the OS. A lot of bugs was fixed.
GrampaD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I saw your post and wanted to let you know you are not alone. I am running 1.2.0 and am having basically the same problems as you. At first I was getting replies from Korg that my sustain pedal was not calibrated right but double checked that and that is not the problem. I get the hangups when I am doing something like going through a setting like motion synths and when I change from one to the next there is no sustain until I have hit a note or chord a few times and then it will start to work "correctly". also have a delay with the screen lag too. My serial number is below 1,000 and am wondering if yours is too. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon. Take care, Dennis
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue with my Nautilus. System at 1.2.0. Since I do not play as much live, it is not a major concern. But it is a glitch that several of us are having. It does need to be addressed! Confused Sad

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
GrampaD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest answer I got was to download the three cd files from the website, burn them to cd's and then load them into the nautilus per instructions from a cd drive, it cannot be loaded to a USB and loaded that way. I don't have the availability/equipment to try that so it was suggested I take it to a service center to have it done. I am hopeful they will have an OS update soon with a fix for this problem. Rolling Eyes
tekhedd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same "sounds cut off" problem with mine, mostly on piano patches. Suddenly all sounds will stop, as if it received an old school MIDI panic "all notes off" message. Also getting the periodic screen lag (OS locks up waiting for I/O?) Sure as hell looks like an I/O error to me. Wish I could see the console log. These are with simple patches like: "combi containing nothing but bright italian piano and reverb".

I'm not even using a sustain pedal and it happens with different patches, not layered. Seems to be only "sampled patches" and not synths, as far as I can recall. I'm doing an experiment with external keyboards to try to determine whether it's a hardware issue with the keybed, but haven't spent enough time with it yet to know.

OS 1.2.0. My serial number is above 1000 but below 2000. I play live and this *is* a major concern. This sort of crap never happened on the old FA-06.

It really acts like an I/O hang. What's this about "CDs from the web site?" You're kidding right?
ecofox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with Nautilus 61 keys and seems happen only I use sample like with HD1 engine.
Has anyone had an official response from KORG regarding this problem?
okkopekka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same issue
ecofox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have upgraded the SSD from the original 60Gb with a Transcend 128 Go TS128GMSA230S (clone + partition extention) 2 weeks ago and for the time being I don't have any more sound cut issues and seems that screen lags have been reduced.
Also when I open the nautilus I check all wiring/connectors but I don't found any issues.

I will inform the forum if the sound cuts or screen lags will come back.
ecofox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For information

To do the SSD upgrade I have follow the french youtube video "Nautilus Clone disque dur" ( I think you could translate the video and documentation in english) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKtZqYk84sE
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if these glitches have been resolved? I fear I may be forced to purchase a Nautilus since my 10 year old Kronos seems to be experiencing some issues. Thanks.
prenard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
Sorry for my bad english, i am french.
For those who enconter issues with Nautilus (sound cut and screen latency), i suggests to verify your line-out jacks.
A few month ago, i had the same issue with my Nautilus. I spend hours to find a solution, reading forums, and update the system. But the problems were still there.
I decide to unplug my line-out jacks and try the keyboard with headphone (after a cold start ([i]démarrage à froid[/i] in french)). And the issues disappeared !

In the Nautilus manual, the line-out jacks must be TRS jacks.

If (like me), you connect your keyboard on an old hi-fi amplifier (with only signal and ground (rca type)) or amplifier with unbalanced jacks, it is necessary to use a cable like this :
[img]https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/korg-nautilus-88-4828743.jpg[/img], or a TRS jack where the ring is not connected).

(I post this explanation (in french) on Audiofanzine : [url]https://fr.audiofanzine.com/workstation/korg/nautilus-88/forums/t.774125,probleme-son-nautilus-88,post.11460342.html[/url] and [url]https://fr.audiofanzine.com/workstation/korg/nautilus-88/forums/t.774125,probleme-son-nautilus-88,post.11464095.html[/url].

I hope this will help you !!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this is intriguing. Although I don't have a schematic for the Nautilus itself, based on schematics for the Kronos and other Korg keyboards, Korg have been quite conservative in the design of the analogue outputs on their premium keyboards. The outputs are designed to give a balanced output signal provided a suitable TRS plug, lead, and destination audio device are connected, but they will also work with a TS plug, giving an unbalanced output at half the signal voltage (i.e. 6dB down). There are no design features in that output circuitry that should feed back in any way to cause the screen to lag, or the sound to cut out. Poor earthing arrangements, together with an electrically noisy operating environment, are a more likely cause.

tekhedd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There are no design features in that output circuitry that should feed back in any way to cause the screen to lag, or the sound to cut out.

The lockups and dropouts really act like software issues, which seems unlikely to be caused by high current draw on the negative pin of the audio output circuit. I practice with headphones quite a bit so I'll check to see whether the problem still occurs with nothing else plugged in.

If replacing the "definitely do not upgrade this" SSD fixes the problem, this strongly suggests that it's some threads in the HD1 engine stuck waiting for disk I/O in a way that doesn't show up on R&D systems. (Which likely have different SSDs and more RAM, etc.)

Also, sounds like a time to hit black friday sales for an SSD. :( I'm voiding my warranty so my "flagship synth" will not glitch out on stage. This is NOT OK, Korg. Maybe it's time to go reconsider Yamaha and AKAI, as much as I hate to say it. :(
alexthekeysman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been having these sound cut off issues as well. I updated the new OS 1.3.1 as well as the sub system firmware and this unfortunately did not fix the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: