Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP !!! Pa1000 'locking up' !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: HELP !!! Pa1000 'locking up' ! Reply with quote

My Pa1000 is locking upon me. I'm in the middle of a song and all of a sudden it doesn't respond to any button I press, including chord changes!!! In order to get it back I need to shut it off, but pressing the power key only puts it in a sort of 'suspend' mode and the only way to power down is to pull the plug out of the outlet.
Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

To make matters worse, my first two gigs after Covid shutdown are scheduled in the next two weeks.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've since heard that this is a common problem with the Pa1000. Has no one here had experience with this?
thank you,
tony
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Pa1000 locked Reply with quote

tony mads usa wrote:
...My Pa1000 is locking upon me. I'm in the middle of a song .....

If OS of Pa1000 is locking in the middle of a song it looks like OS is reading faulty or damaged data from song, memory, user-styles etc.

As you posted you was interesting in how "to load data from one Pa Series to another", installed some versions of Songbook and merged data from Pa900.
It is then possible to acquire data that the OS cannot process. Even OS versions of Korg itself can generate faulty data: Korg improvements and bug fixes in OS 1.3.1 concern to sampling as informed "When overwriting an existing sample, other samples in memory could be damaged" or if you sometimes received messages your ignored like ""Sound loading was incomplete: some items are not found" etc.

tony mads usa wrote:
... since heard that this is a common problem with the Pa1000. Has no one here had experience with this? ...

I do not know that it would be a common problem with Pa1000, but I think with bad data every operating system will crash.

Serious problems with Pa1000 ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119234

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: