Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric guitar and Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soarsco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Electric guitar and Kronos Reply with quote

Hi,

Would it be possible to plug an electric guitar into a Kronos and use the pedal effects in the Kronos on the guitar?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pedal effects, as depicted on the screen when using the EP-1 sound engine, have no routing for externally generated audio input, though it would be cool if they were.

However, the effects pedals characteristics can probably be reasonably closely-replicated using the Kronos' effects, with suitable parameter settings. A series of Programs, called e.g. "Small Phase", "Orange Phase", "Vintage Chorus" etc, could be created, where external audio is routed through suitably chosen effects.

Here is an example of what's possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7ctQ8qgA8

soarsco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try sometime. Thanks!
MGRay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, man! If you have tried these programs, you definitely have to tell us more about your experience. @voip suggestions sound pretty engaging. Although it sounds easy, It's tricky enough for me to understand how pedal effects could be replicated using the Kronos' effects. By the way, I was looking to purchase some Electric Guitars and ran into The Cook Trio (a blog). There are some accurate and informative reviews free from advertising stuff. Could you please take a look at it? I'm keenly waiting for your opinion; I don't want to rush and believe in all info I'm bumping in.

Last edited by MGRay on Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For dedicated guitar pedals, the individual effects are generally quite straightforward for a given pedal, e.g. distortion or overdrive, phase, reverb, delay, compresssor, and there are several different types of each of these types of effects available in the Kronos' effects arsenal.

The guy in the video, linked to two postings above, doesn't really give much detail, but the key things to do after connecting the guitar, are to get the input levels right, using the controls at the back of the Kronos, and to route the Kronos' audio input(s) to the effects. The Programs used in the video utilise the HD-1 engine, and the way to link the inputs to the effects is shown e.g. around 6:23 in the video. Select the input that your guitar is connected to.

The effects need to be chained, like a series of pedals are chained together, and this is done in the effects menu pages. See around 6:33 in the video. In the Insert FX tab, check the Chain boxes to do this, and ensure the selected effects are On (the little onscreen buttons next to the IFX1, IFX2, IFX3 labels). The rest should hopefully be a little easier to do and experiment with to get the desired sound.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: