Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What’s the ‘select song" inside "style play’ mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unjazz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: What’s the ‘select song" inside "style play’ mode Reply with quote

What’s the ‘select song" function inside "style play’ mode for - on my pa700? Any loaded song there doesn’t play, so what’s the point of it? It’s not documented in the manual.

Conversely, the "song play" mode has a "style" STY function, which also doesn’t seem to do anything - after all, the midi song has been recorded very precisely so I understand that selecting a style wouldn’t affect the song. So what is the STY function for? Again, it is not documented that I can find - even in the big honking 1042 page pa700 manual.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unjazz wrote:
What’s the ‘select song" function inside "style play’ mode for - on my pa700?

This enables you to select (prepare) any song you wish to play in SONG PLAY mode. When performing it is great because you can prepare a song (for SONG PLAY) whilst remaining in STYLE PLAY mode

unjazz wrote:
Conversely, the "song play" mode has a "style" STY function, which also doesn’t seem to do anything - after all, the midi song has been recorded very precisely so I understand that selecting a style wouldn’t affect the song. So what is the STY function for?

This is the reverse of the above really - whilst in SONG PLAY mode you can select (prepare) a style ready to play in STYLE PLAY mode. This will also load the STYLE's KEYBOARD-SET which could be useful.

Personally, I use SONGBOOK & SETLIST for all my song-registrations but if you like to play the keys without getting to SONGBOOK then these are nice features.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
unjazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete - that's a great relief to know what those were for. Very Happy So I see, when you switch to SONG PLAY or STYLE PLAY the style or song you selected in the (mysteriously undocumented) area of the mode you just left, will automatically become active/loaded - neat.

I did notice that in SONG PLAY when selecting a style, whilst the 4 keyboard sets of that style are loaded (as you mention) - that won't change your current keyboard set - even if you had "STYLE TO KBD SET" on. The feature of auto activating the first KBD SET of a style (if the "STYLE TO KBD SET" is on) only works in proper STYLE PLAY mode and is entirely disabled in SONG PLAY mode, which is probably a good thing.

P.S. In order to simulate a "STYLE TO KBD SET" feature whilst in SONG PLAY mode, what you could do when playing along with a song is load a style and immediately hit the keyboard set #1 button. This would make the first keyboard set active and change your sound whilst jamming along to the song.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
P.S. In order to simulate a "STYLE TO KBD SET" feature whilst in SONG PLAY mode, what you could do when playing along with a song is load a style and immediately hit the keyboard set #1 button. This would make the first keyboard set active and change your sound whilst jamming along to the song.

Yes - that's a good tip..... Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: