Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Nautilus user. Grip about manual.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: New Nautilus user. Grip about manual. Reply with quote

Hello gang,
I have been on the M50 group for a few years.
While I consider myself only using 1/10th if not less of the full potential of the M50, I decided to get a Nuatilus. I would have bought a Kronos but I have read too much about resetting/errors/crashes.
Not surprising, there are probably more connections to come loose.

First I want to ask.... does the nautilus-88 only ship with a quick start guide? It was an open box sale, all I got was the quick start guide, a card with info to download software bundle and a power cord.
That's it.
My M50 came with SEVERAL manuals!!!

I have a gripe about the manual also .
I have experienced it with the M50 manual, and now, Day 1 with the Nautilus I get the same thing....

\page 81 of the PDF operation guide. Section 4.
""For the track you want to record, press mute/record to make it indicate REC.""

Fine, WHERE do I find mute/Rec ????? The manuals for these instruments so often assume that we know EXACTLY where all the little menu boxes and software switches are located without any diagrams or clearly defined pathways to them. After 30 minutes I stumbled upon it, it is NOT in the recording setup page that you are left in from step 3!!!

come on Korg, please, there are very inexperienced people buying your products as well as pro's. We do not have the intuition that one gets from YEARS of performing with these instruments!!

oh, and how about those manuals? are we only supplying quick start guides? I like my manuals on paper. I HATE flipping pages on screen, paper is much easier to read and I can make notes on them for when important stuff gets left out like step 4 above!!!!!
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should download the operation manual from the Korg website.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/873/

It kinda seems like a lot of companies are going away from the paper manuals and going with digital versions online.

The paper manuals are dope too... but I do like the digital versions as well. You can put the PDF in your iPad/tablet, or phone... and then you can search by keyword. Everywhere in the manual that the keyword is found will be highlighted and you can bounce straight to each one. It's pretty cool.

But I'd def start with downloading the operation guide. It's going to be much more detailed... the quick start guide is just going to kinda get you going.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Alp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did.
That page and section 4 I mentioned... that was from the operation manual I downloaded yesterday.

Also downloaded a few other manuals for nautilus today.
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you just awoke from a very long nap, or have been living under a rock Very Happy, but few if any manufacturers include printed documentation other than quick start or start here-type guides.

Hell, my $46K Harley doesn’t come with printed manuals, and the operator manuals are only available electronically and the service manuals are well over $100 for printed copies.

I do remember the days when manuals were included with most everything, and the pack rat that I am I still have many lying around - just evolution, and a way for the manufacturers to try to keep costs lower.

I prefer this, as I know I am always getting the most current version of the documentation.

Enjoy - the steep learning curve has begun!
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most complete guide for the Nauilus is not the Operation Guide but the Parameter Guide. Here is the link : https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/873/4672/
Alp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I have already downloaded all the manuals.

Thanks for the tip for best manual though.!!
Alp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
Not sure if you just awoke from a very long nap, or have been living under a rock Very Happy, but few if any manufacturers include printed documentation other than quick start or start here-type guides.

Hell, my $46K Harley doesn’t come with printed manuals, and the operator manuals are only available electronically and the service manuals are well over $100 for printed copies.

I do remember the days when manuals were included with most everything, and the pack rat that I am I still have many lying around - just evolution, and a way for the manufacturers to try to keep costs lower.

I prefer this, as I know I am always getting the most current version of the documentation.

Enjoy - the steep learning curve has begun!

Exactly.... printing these manuals is frickin expensive if you go to a print service and if you do it yourself it is going to cost a whole lot of ink. The manufacterer can get low rates because they have the volume. I would not be surprised if one of their full manuals cost 5 bucks to print whereas if I print it I am looking at 50 cents a page single sided..

https://www.staplescopyandprint.ca/pricelist.aspx

You think after spending a little under $4000 for a new keyboard they could throw in a couple of $5 manuals for free??
Alp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... BTW, I grew up at a time when a bank would PAY YOU to keep your money with them.
5% or higher annual interest rates were common. I had even beter at one time.

Then some genius at one bank thought up of charging people fees to use their bank. Of course it was a risky idea at the time but the banks all jumped on the boat and now.....

What am I saying?

Everybody is cutting back and the end user has to suffer for it.
And when it happens we don't raise enough of a fit in enough numbers to stop it.

They'll be charging for e-pdf files next.....

Look at all the added fees one pays when buying a car.

It is insane.

OK, I'm done ranting.
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you’re not wrong… Very Happy
JOHN GARGANI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alp: your rant was fine and accurate!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: