Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set list mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davegraham193

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Set list mode Reply with quote

Here's a question-
I was under the impression, or at least secretly hoping, that when I create a custom set list with sequences I have edited for live performance, the set list mode accessed the internal hard disc for the songs, and loaded them up as I needed them...Apparently, this is not the case. The set list mode remembers only song number from the seq mode, meaning I need to load my songs into the sequencer in the order I have them in the set list.
Okay... now the question:
Am I missing something?
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not missing anything. Sequences must be loaded manually after startup. When I was using them, I created multiple songs in a sequence and saved it as one file. Then I only had to load one sequence which I named specifically for the set.

For example, song one, song two, song three etc. in the order you need. Save those songs as one large sequence. The setlist will point to the proper song once setup.

Sequences load VERY fast, you just still have yo remember to do it.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^THIS^^^ One confusing and frustrating aspect of Kronos sound management.

I too have a SNG file which contains all of the current sequences I want to access. I name my current data sets CURRENT* (intuitive, right? Smile ), so when I do a Save All I have CURRENT.PCG, CURRENT.KSC, CURRENT.SNG, etc., and they are stored in the root of the hard drive. Most everything else are stored in subdirectories in order to keep things clean and manageable.

Once I start up my K2, I go into Disk Mode and select and load the CURRENT.SNG. This makes those sequences available to me, and has the side benefit of setting the default name for any Save actions during that session - I save my PCG often, so when I tap Save PCG it is already set to save as CURRENT.PCG.

I also have individual SNG files in subdirectories which can be loaded on demand as needed.
Davegraham193

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Set list mode Reply with quote

Thanks for the validation…
.. would be handy though, right?
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d settle for having selected SNG files loaded at startup, but yeah, having them dynamically loaded as required would even be better.
Davegraham193

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Set list mode Reply with quote

Thanks for the validation…
.. would be handy though, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: