Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X plus Ipad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bud2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: PA4X plus Ipad Reply with quote

I have just got a second hand iPad to connect to my PA4X I have loaded the software etc. but I can't remember what needs doing with, I think it's the Midi in settings, although I could be wrong about that. So I know someone on here has done this so I would be grateful if you could tell me what I need to do to complete the operation so that when you select a piece of music in Songbook+ the keyboard then sets up everything ready to play.
Many thanks in advance
Bill
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Songbook+ as my Setlist organiser, and it is great. And you can also set up ‘Action Buttons’ to quickly change things like page jumps, select Kbd Sets, individual voice volumes and much more.

You need to set the Pa4X midi to tablet mode (see p116 of User Manual for os NEXT 3.0).

Note that this will also set the control channel to #16. You need to set the control channel of Songbook+ to channel 16 also, so that the app and the Pa4X can talk to each other. Open Songbook+, go to the settings icon on top menu bar, and then select Midi channel, and also enable both the midi in/out.

Assign a song code to an entry in the Pa4X Songbook, and use the same code on your sheet music in Songbook+ (use edit song, and enter the code in the top right box). These are just numeric codes, like 1022, not complicated codes. You don’t have to assign these sequentially, use any you like as long as they are unique.

If you have done all this correctly:

- select a song in Songbook+ and it will reset the Pa4X
to the corresponding Songbook entry, or
- select an entry in the Korg Songbook, and Songbook+ will
automatically open the sheet music/notes for it

If you find you like using Songbook+ with your Pa4X , strongly recommend you get get the Yamaha Bluetooth midi connector (MD-BT01) and ditch using a cable connection.

This should get you started - have fun.

Phil
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
bud2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil, many thanks for your reply, I will follow your instructions and I will be up and running soon.
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: