Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A problem has been detected..." Message - Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korono

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: "A problem has been detected..." Message - Kronos Reply with quote

My Kronos 2-88 LS screen displays the message, "A problem has been detected, which may have been caused by cycling power too quickly. Please turn the Kronos off, wait for 10 sec and then turn it back on". The off/on does not resolve the issue.

Apologies if the subject has been addressed elsewhere. My searches netted nothing. Does anyone know what the implications are of this message and what should be my next steps? I removed the back and with anti-static wristband in place checked the RAM and other hardware for looseness. All was snug.

Thank you.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this problem has been discussed many times here. Try doing a search for UPS for starters.

I had the same problem years ago, but after updating OS and firmware AND using a ups I haven’t seen that nasty message.

Not everyone is as lucky though, I think some had power supply board issues.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Kronos do this. My Kronos has this message come on a couple of times a month, for the past 10 years. Believe it or not, it hasn't really been an issue for me. But I don't gig. I use a UPS and it happens with the same frequency, as it did when I didn't have a UPS. Something Antony said about the SSD drive (below) makes more sense to me.

Some interesting info from Antony here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122954&sid=bf8c71f1c99d18a1dd165eabafadb930

There are actually way more topics about this than these.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86797&sid=a4f86f5be642414ef3531e4664cc0c65

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80620&sid=0a08cdbdcc31a4d0c73520b1b484a95f

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110356&sid=3d6831be4f1d4e8bfde89de97c9ff94d

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111774&sid=e846c972d0b9b3a4ca7864632ac00a92
Xenophile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a UPS on gigs, and have never had this problem there.

But I have one circuit in my home where my Kronos does this frequently, even if I am using my UPS. I hypothesize that my UPS doesn't filter power line noise very well.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
I use a UPS on gigs, and have never had this problem there.

But I have one circuit in my home where my Kronos does this frequently, even if I am using my UPS. I hypothesize that my UPS doesn't filter power line noise very well.

I posted a comment above. I can only tell you what worked for me. Maybe it was a combination of updating the OS, firmware and UPS. My fingers are crossed. I certainly agree that using a UPS won’t fix every problem.
JFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it a few times-these were the issues:

1-ram unseated and/or bad connection
2-failing secondary drive
3-failing power supply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: