Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading old files question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Loading old files question Reply with quote

I have a need to load some old files from 2019 for a band I'm back to playing with and have a question about what I need to load.
Looking at the file on my flash drive, I see the .PCG, KSC, User Bank .KSC and .KGE files.
What do I need to load to bring back what I had in my Kronos at this time?
I've already saved my current ALL.
Thanks!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not at my Kronos right now so forgive me if I miss a step.

Insert flash drive…tap on disk mode. Tap the utility tab…on the bottom left, look for Drive Select and find the flash file (not internal HD)

Locate the PCG files and highlight it….tap the red load button.

If you have wave files to load, it becomes a bit more complicated.
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if the Userbank KSC file is included in your autoload list. If not, check to see if it is still present on your hard drive. If so, add it to the list. If not, copy it to your hard drive in a location relative to your file management policy and then add it to the autoload list.

Any custom samples will need to be present in their appropriate locations - as Falcon said, it can get complicated depending on what you’ve done in the mean time.

If you have to dig, just remember that KSC files are merely text files with pointers to physical locations, so it isn’t that hard to piece the puzzle together.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
For each song I create I use to create its own diectory. An inside this directory I make a SAVE ALL and eventually include also all my original WAV files used for creating my audio tracks.

So if I were you : I will make BEFORE a SAVE ALL and after I will load all the files into your flash drive you indicated in your post

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
In my opinion Save All could be problematic in some cases. Save all include all that is load in a memory so could include all EXs. When try to load could got the memory exceed error or already loaded if try to append.
Is better to manage and save only the custom data not factory to easy reload.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: