Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ka390 power su]ply converter for usa?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: ka390 power su]ply converter for usa? Reply with quote

I purchased my modwave from the UK via preorder back in june. Its here and sounds really great - but - im using my wavestate ac adapter, because, the plug it shipped with was for the UK. It has that converter so I can switch it out with one of those rotational pieces.

I reached out to korg support but don't expect to hear back just yet. My question is to do with two possibilities on after market products, seeing as I cannot find any ka390 power supplies available for separate purchase [that i could find].

1. Does the converter plug that fits over the power supply have its own power 'handling' properties [i.e. lets say it fits the same way on the adapter, will it have problems with voltage, in other words, will its design differ in any electrical way if i get an after market one that ships with a different one, say this micro usb one [id only use the round usa converter/connecter]?

https://www.alrightpower.com/power-adapters/12w-interchangeable-plug-power-adapter/

2. If I choose to go entirely with an aftermarket ac adapter with close-enough-ish characteristics, [and this is the closest i found so far], would it present with any operational issues for the synth going forward?

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Switching-100-240v-Transformer-Camera%EF%BC%8CPortable/dp/B08L98TRD5/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ac+adapter+100-240v+50-60hz+to+12v&qid=1633128698&sr=8-4

Thanks

fyi, the properties of the ka390 power supply seem to be

input 100-240 v, 50-60 hz, 1.5 A
output 12 v, 2.5 A, 30 W
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Wavestate PSU clearly says it works with an input voltage of 100V to 240V on it. In short, it's one of those bog standard universal switching power supply units. All I needed to do was swap out the Plug Socket connectors it came with for the ones we use here in Ireland.

I'd bet the PSU for the Modwave is identical in every single way, so just have a read of it.

Regards
Sharp.
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this from Thomann:

[url] https://www.thomann.de/gb/korg_ka_390_power_supply.htm?ref=intl&shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6NCwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOiJlbiJ9[/url]
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

yeah i went ahead and bought that myvolts us plug for ka390 replacement adapter on amazon. Seems to meet the power requirements.

Its funny how you can't [or maybe I could have?] simply get the rotational converter piece for ones country-plug, just on its own.

Thats how this stuff goes sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg ModWave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: