Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading from other Pa arrangers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Loading from other Pa arrangers Reply with quote

There is an interesting topic going on at the moment over on Pa4X about loading data from one Pa series to another. In this case loading to the Pa4X. But it applies to Pa1000 and Pa700 too so I thought that I would briefly mention it. And it is getting a bit quiet here lately ?

Pa1000. Manual page 927.

LOAD from : Pa4X, Pa700, Pa3X plus many other Pa Series.

Pa700. Manual page 905.

Load from : Pa4X, Pa1000, Pa3X plus many other Pa Series.

Look at the topic on the Pa4X section to get a general idea, the principals are very much the same. Plus Pete and others have posted which can only be good to throw up questions and answers.

I am posting this just as a matter of interest really because this question, “can we load data from one Pa Series to another”, often pops up on this forum.

Thanks
mohebm@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: PA700 operating system Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was comparing PA700 with the oriental PA700, trying to make a purchase decision here.

the oriental version has a lot more styles and sounds, so I was wondering if I buy the PA700 is there a way to load up PA700 oriental original styles and sounds on the standad PA700?

your reply is much appreciated.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use content styles, sounds from the Pa4x and pa1000. As far as the Songbook from Pa1000 and Pa4x I use the songbook editor. Just a note that styles are in different locations or not present, but you can re point the entries .
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngeles

I have started to use and learn more about Songbook Editor. Doing ok as you will see from your post over on Pa4x section. Long way to go, one day at a time.

I choose Target/ open/select a.set and view on Songbook Editor. (4x, 1000 and 700). That`s fine looking at and editing one keyboard at a time. That is where I am at the moment.

But what about say from 4x to 1000 as an example. Need to to think more about that, choosing targets and the method from one machine to another. If you can help it will be well appreciated.

Thanks NativeAngeles
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am brand new to Pa1000 (upgraded from Pa900) and SongBook Editor.

I would love to merge some Pa900 songbook items onto my Pa1000. I know I need SBE v 3.0 for the Pa1000, and v 2,0 for the Pa900, but my laptop will not allow me to have both versions installed at the same time.
Anyone have any experience with this?

Am I going to have to install v 2, create a songbook from the Pa900 on the laptop, uninstall v2, then install v 3 and create a songbook from the Pa1000? and will I then be able to merge the items from the Pa900 to the Pa1000?

THANK YOU.
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony

I have version 3 because I have Pa4x, 1000 and 700. But to try to answer your post I downloaded version 2 as a test. And yes you are right. It said that I already had a version of Songbook editor (3) and that I needed to uninstall it.

And then install v2. I have Windows 10. I am puzzled as to the answer just as much as you. We can only hope that one of our posters will come up with the solution. Although I do not need this option, i am very interested to see how you get on.

Good luck
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi ...since I knew of no other way, I installed v 2, created a SongBook from the Pa900, uninstalled v 2 then installed v 3 and created a SongBook for the Pa1000. Next, using the laptop, I will try to merge from the 900 to the 1000.
Someone told me about this webinar which has been very informative:
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/songbook-editor---all?fbclid=IwAR0uR2WPpJVNyum_ZxkWqcGTmS46mrWZnCy8BlrQRMT0tJVxTVB-c1XeRys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: