Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transfer songbook entries from 3X to 4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey224

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: transfer songbook entries from 3X to 4X Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Is it possible to transfer 3X songbook entries, some of which I've created myself, as well as tweaked factory styles on specific songs, to the 4X?
Thanks
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 958 of Manual. File management Loading data from other instruments

Loading Global data from Pa-Series instruments

Being unique to each instrument, Global data (Preferences, MIDI Presets, MaxxAudio settings, etc.) can’t be loaded from other KORG Pa-Series instru ments. They are therefore discarded when loading a SET folder generated by an instrument other than Pa4X.

Loading data from Pa-Series instruments

You can load most data from KORG Pa-Series instruments. The following table shows what you can load from the other instruments.

Please keep in mind that, depending on the actual data, you could not be able to directly load SET folders; in this case, open the folder, and load each bank or individual item separately. After loading, save the converted data as a new SET folder after loading all the needed data.

LOAD from Pa3X

You can load most data as if they were Pa4X data. There are however a few exceptions to be considered:

• Performances and STSs are converted to Keyboard Sets.

• Due to the different order in memory, Factory Styles must be manu ally reassigned to SongBook Entries by using the KORG SongBook Editor software.

• Favorite Style banks over #10 are missing and are not loaded. Since Pa4X banks are larger, load the individual Styles into the additional loca tions of the other banks.

• Performance banks over #11 are missing and are not loaded. Since Pa4X Keyboard Set banks are larger, load the individual Performances into the additional locations of the other banks.

• Since the number of Insert and Master FX is different, the effects con figuration can be different.
• Voice Processor Presets with the MP3 Audio harmony type are reset.

• Global settings are not loaded.

Good luck
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember rightly, I thought the Songbook data had to be redone when going from the PA3X to the PA4X…?

Can someone correct me if this is incorrect?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I remember rightly, I thought the Songbook data had to be redone when going from the PA3X to the PA4X…?

As taichi says above:-
PA4X Manual p958 wrote:
LOAD from Pa3X
You can load most data as if they were Pa4X data. There are however a few exceptions to be considered:
• Performances and STSs are converted to Keyboard Sets.
• Due to the different order in memory, Factory Styles must be manually reassigned to SongBook Entries by using the KORG SongBook Editor software.
• Favorite Style banks over #10 are missing and are not loaded. Since Pa4X banks are larger, load the individual Styles into the additional loca tions of the other banks.
• Performance banks over #11 are missing and are not loaded. Since Pa4X Keyboard Set banks are larger, load the individual Performances into the additional locations of the other banks.
• Since the number of Insert and Master FX is different, the effects con figuration can be different.
• Voice Processor Presets with the MP3 Audio harmony type are reset.
• Global settings are not loaded.

Bearing those issues in mind it works OK

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: