Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

in which way is it the best to update the pa1000 I have os1.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: in which way is it the best to update the pa1000 I have os1. Reply with quote

hello friends - a question - I bought the korg pa1000 - I saw that I have the factory update (os version 1.2.0) I want to know what the improvements are, to update with the latest update of today 03/03/2021 - many thanks for your help---
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly

Create a Backup file

Next

Create a Save All file

Then download and install updates.

There is 1.3.1 and 1.5

With 1.5 being minor and bug fix.

Its yet another failure of customer support to provide a worthwhile OS update, its two years since the PA4X got their Next OS yet 700/1000 users only get minor bug fixes.

Come on Korg look after users
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Midrange - lack of support - still forgotten since years? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. Its yet another failure of customer support to provide a worthwhile OS update, its two years since the PA4X got their Next OS yet 700/1000 users only get minor bug fixes. Come on Korg look after users ...

I too think that this is really necessary, Korg also had enough time for it - the lack of support is a big disappointment.

Midrange - lack of support - forgotten again for a NEXT YEAR ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123875

Hopefully someone from Korg who is competent read this, because I think the arguments of Korg described in link above are ridiculous - it's a shame to expect support there!

At least it is unbelievable that Korg would have any interest in loyalty and satisfaction of its users, because otherwise a different behavior would be expected.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject: thanks friends --- I think it's still not moving from the 1 Reply with quote

thanks - I have already read that there are problems with updating (os 1.3.1) and there are still system failures and with (os 1.5) I am not sure if it is worth taking the risk of updating the pa1000 --- it seems that even korg does not say anything about it --- and I am sorry to say that it was like that with the other keyboards --pa 80 --- and pa1x --- it is the same-- it seems that korg --does not say anything about it --- does anyone could you help about it? Well, there are problems in terms of modifying the styles and using the same sounds of (drums sounds of the instrument itself) thank you very much for your help
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: thnsk soo much-- Reply with quote

I keep buying korg -because they have been with them for years --- and the custom becomes a permanent way of life --- korg is very good -but - they could improve even more --- in life this is how they work things --- and it will always be like this ---- ethics and quality are everything in all things is my humble opinion --- thank you for the help -
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Pa1000 was a new car or washing machine, TV, computer whatever, then in the UK it would be protected by our Consumer Rights and redeemed as "Not Fit For Purpose". It would have to be replaced free of charge, repaired or money back. Your posts are ringing the "Not Fit For Purpose" bell but Korg ignore you.

Hope new buyers of Pa1000 study carefully what you all say before they purchase. Then ask questions and get in touch with Korg direct.

Take care
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 not fit for purpos Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
If the Pa1000 was a new car or washing machine .. posts are ringing the "Not Fit For Purpose" bell but Korg ignore you...

Not "Fit for purpose" depends on how you use the keyboard and on which features you use it with.

To be used primarily as a style player with the songbook, it is unsuitable. Only one single style can be played with it because transitions like with the previous models Pa500 / 800 are no longer possible. That is due to the automatic loading process of KbdSet#1 and this cannot be prevented - not even if StyleToKbdSet is "OFF". ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=124449

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 not fit for purpos Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
taichi wrote:
If the Pa1000 was a new car or washing machine .. posts are ringing the "Not Fit For Purpose" bell but Korg ignore you...

Not "Fit for purpose" depends on how you use the keyboard and on which features you use it with.

To be used primarily as a style player with the songbook, it is unsuitable. Only one single style can be played with it because transitions like with the previous models Pa500 / 800 are no longer possible. That is due to the automatic loading process of KbdSet#1 and this cannot be prevented - not even if StyleToKbdSet is "OFF". ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=124449

So glad you told me it is unsuitable. I've been using it on the job four nights a week for many months and had no idea it wasn't suitable. Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 not fit for purpose Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
.. I've been using it on the job four nights a week for many months and had no idea it wasn't suitable ..

Nice for you and congratulations on your keyboard with limited style functions, even if they went unnoticed for many months.

As mentioned it depends on how you use the keyboard and on which features you use it with.

If it satisfactory for you, to use songbook and styles with one single style and transitions to be interrupted with automatic loading KbdSet#1 each time changing Sb-entry - its yours.

But changing styles in sb with transitions as we had usual with the Pa800 / 500 the Pa1000 is unsuitable. That is because of interruptions of transitions with realtime-tracks and cue-modes programmed in style-elements, as you could do in styleplay-mode or in previous models - but only was compensated from Korg with updates of Pa4x.

Hope after such a long time also to get an update for midrange models - thank you for your support on this matter.

DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope we get an update, but perhaps you should have said it is unsuitable for YOU.
There are several things I dislike about the Pa1000, and other models as well. Not the least of these is the horrible endings in some of the styles. Most of the time I use ending 3, the quick ending, and often it just stops, no sustain, nothing... just like pulling the power cable. Seems it doesn't bother many others but it does me.
Another thing is the lack of smoothness in fills, and they often retrigger the style when I least expect it.
I find myself using the inexpensive Roland EA7 more often now, despite some of its drawbacks in features. I still like it a lot.
Like you, I'm hoping Korg doesn't forget us.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Professional arrangers - Pa1000/700 not fit for purpose Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
.. you should have said it is unsuitable for YOU ...

No, that is not only for me, but in each case you want to prevent ugly interruptions with a running style when changing the Sb entry, because KbdSet#1 automatically is loading - unfortunately that cannot be avoided with Pa1000.

Of course, if you've never used this, you won't have noticed. But it was was the reason because Pa4x subsequently was updated from Korg with "Lock KeyboardSet": to get a seamless, smooth transition of the realtime tracks when changing sb-entries with running styles.

But until now it has been forgotten to finally carry out this update for the midrange models - and that's annoying after such a long time.

DonM wrote:
.. . I dislike about the Pa1000 ... these is the horrible endings in some of the styles. Most of the time I use ending 3, the quick ending, and often it just stops, no sustain, nothing... lack of smoothness in fills, and they often retrigger the style when I least expect it ...

OK, but this is nothing you need an OS update for to change horrible endings in some of the styles or the lack of smoothness in fills.
Simply learn to use the style editor to change the style tracks sequences and to use the cue mode parameters in order to determine the exact time for transition to a style element (immediate or next measure, first or recent measure ..).

In this way you reliably avoid being surprised by a retriggering of a style element if you don't expect it. Built-in style-editor is made for this - to create styles according to one personal needs.

DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to do this, but the point is you shouldn't have to redo factory styles to make them have proper endings.
It's true I don't change SB entries during a song, so never noticed the problem you are having. Hoping you get the update needed!
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: 1/2/3/4 no have out put in pa1000 ? im sorry ? Reply with quote

818 / 5000
Resultados de traducción
if it is very true -in regard to the fact that korg does not give much support, only something very basic and that is all --- I will keep what I have -as I received it from the factory -I will not update it for the time being --- and well maybe korg will be kind enough to fix the details that seem to be not right ---! in truth there are many things that in the manuals are not clear in the sample mode and step sequences and! the out put 1/2/3/4 connections are missing - of individual instruments in the back as was the pa1x this helps a lot and the pa1000 did not put it --- another point is the lack of a volume system in line in of the guitar or instrument there is almost nothing more than a few commands and nothing else --- another point is the flat edition of the things that you can record in mp3 and well maybe that's a lot to ask ---- greetings and thanks
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst you are not upding your Pa you may want to download the Update files and copy them to a USB memory stick.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - Output 1/2/3/4 connections Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
.. many things that in the manuals are not clear in the sample mode and step sequences ...

In this regard, of course, the manual is a bit poor and should be a bit more extensive (possibly Korg will take an example from the competitor). On the other hand it can't be expected to get extensive basic knowledge about sampling, MIDI, song creation, mastering and usage of effects with them.

altemar mirandiña wrote:
... output 1/2/3/4 connections are missing ...

I would have expected that too, at least with the "professional" Pa1000 as the successor to the Pa800. Also Pa800 was a midrange keyboard but was well equipped with four output connections. Now with midrange models Korg make austerity in the wrong place (this also applies to the fill-in buttons!). ...[/quote]

altemar mirandiña wrote:
.. the lack of a volume system in line in of the guitar or instrument there is almost nothing more than a few commands ...

What kind of lack do you mean? There is the MIC/GTR GAIN knob next to the LEFT audio input to adjust the input gain (level 0 to 40 dB) for a connected a microphone or guitar. The audio level for connected a line audio devices is to adjust from the external device and you can check the level by watching at the AUDIO IN > LEVEL indicator on the control panel of Pa1000.
The on/off status of the audio inputs also can be switched from the MIC/IN indicator in the Main page > Volume pane of the Style Play or Song Play mode.

altemar mirandiña wrote:
... flat edition of the things that you can record in mp3 .. ...

What kind of flat edition do you mean? You can record everything you sing / play on the keyboard / guitar. The Styles, the MIDI or MP3 Songs performed by the Players and the events generated by the KAOSS effects will be recorded into an MP3 Song. You can choóse the preferred MP3 audio quality and the location where to temporary store the recorded MP3 file.

altemar mirandiña wrote:
... well maybe that's a lot to ask .. ...

That is the purpose of a user forum - but if you do not ask you get no answer.
DonM wrote:
I know how to do this, but the point is you shouldn't have to redo factory styles to make them have proper endings.
It's true I don't change SB entries during a song, so never noticed the problem you are having. Hoping you get the update needed!

To translate this correctly for me, my knowledge of English is not enough. If you meant that you should or cannot personalize the FactoryStyles, that would be a wrong assumption, because you can copy / save the FactoryStyles in the user area and edit its StyleElements (fill-in, endings) there to suit your personal taste.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: