Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Station arranger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
striphio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Live Station arranger Reply with quote

[img]Live-Station[/img]

Hi all. Smile

During the suspension of gigs during the corona lockdown, I took some time to think about how I would like the new arranger to look and what everything should have in terms of the interface and other possibilities. The emphasis is on playing live and at the same time plenty of in-depth editing options for home editing.
For many years I have been playing in various applications, and as an arranger, ie. one-man band, and with a live band, so I roughly tried to figure out what I needed during the gig in terms of practicality as well as operability. This is my concept and I hope that if nothing else, it will at least inspire some of the leading companies that produce keyboards to perhaps implement some things.

----- Live Station. -----

- The keyboard is essentially an arranger and partly a workstation. I will try to explain some of the things that I think are important, other functions on the interface explain themselves. We have already seen a lot of things here on previous models.

- Favorite keys: We all have sounds that we use very often during gigs and we like that they are always easily accessible to us, without having to press more than one or two buttons. Korg did a great job on the Cross model. I think it is quite practical and invaluable for someone who plays gigs where there is no predetermined repertoire as well as who likes to improvise at gigs according to their taste and inspiration, insert various phrases, piano, electric piano, solo leads ... during songs.

- A necessity that each style element has its own button (as on pa4, pa3 and not like yamaha solutions or korg pa1000...)

- Style 1, style 2 selection: It is about the possibility to have two style players, where we could, while playing one style, select the next, determining its tempo and style element that corresponds to, for example, another song and then when we finish the first song with one with the (style 2) button we move to the next style and vice versa. It would also be useful when a song consists of different variations that are not in one style so that we can combine as desired.
- A half bar is necessary for a lot of songs and in various situations.

- The left tempo wheel should always change the tempo no matter what is on the screen. The right wheel changes tempo only during non-playing style preselecting, on that screen window.

- Quality premium keybed with aftertouch is mandatory. This is what we are physically in contact with the instrument and give us a proper feel of what we playing and we should by no means skimp on quality. I personally prefer keybeds like Triton studio, M3, Nautilus, Genos, Montage.

- Nice, quality big screen I mandatory also.

- Some digital synth engines would be nice to have like AL-1 and MOD-7.

- Left pads and right pads: it would be nice to have pads on two sides so we can customize them to different uses as well as to different types or categories.

- Split mode: for musicians who play with a live band who often play bass or harmonies etc. with their left hand. On the style elements buttons, we can store different sounds for left hand and switch between them easily. Everything else remains the same only without styles. Songbook and performances remain the same for right hand.

- The transpose and octave buttons are intentionally separated because it sometimes happened to me to press another instead of one.

- Transpose should never affect split point, drum and perc instruments as well as scales (that pre midi and post midi thing)

That’s in short what my humble arranger’s idea is. Of course, there are many more things that can be added or place differently. What is important is that everything we need in live music is easily accessible without going into some menus and the like.
Whose name would you like to see next to Live station .... Korg, Yamaha, Roland, Ketron ... or maybe Behringer ...

Best regards Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your work and thoughts here - it actually looks quite exciting....
... keep the specs coming....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Can you squeeze in one more slider please for all us DRAWBAR organ lovers Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
striphio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Can you squeeze in one more slider please for all us DRAWBAR organ lovers Very Happy

Thank you Pete.
I forgot drawbar Rolling Eyes It's just a concept and dream of mine, so I can do whatever I like Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I forgot drawbar Rolling Eyes It's just a concept and dream of mine, so I can do whatever I like

I'm loving the support from this manufacturer already Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: