Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SQ64 Drum notes one octave too high

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErhunHensel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: SQ64 Drum notes one octave too high Reply with quote

Hi, just asking you if this is a common problem... some days ago I got the SQ64 and it's incomplete manual but at least for the drum tracks it was clear...

I own an Alesis SR16 drum computer and it's manual says "C1" = Midi code 36 is the kick drum. Ok so I set the Note assignment for drum subtrack to channel 5 in Midi RX / TX and the note to C1 but drum computer is silent.

Then I programmed a Midi drumpad to send the C1 note... connect it directly to my drum computer and kick drum works. Then Keyboard - SQ64 - Drum computer, silent.

Later by trial and error I found out that generally the midi notes are just named wrongly... I have to go one octave higher (c2) to make it send the kick drum.

It wasn't a pre-owned device, I did a factory reset, I checked the firmware (1.01) everything all right... but I have to set a D2 to get a D1 sent to drum computer etc etc and a B3 to get a B2.

This sounds really like a bug, togehter with the inability to record drum tracks with a drum pad. Is that generally known or does mine have a glich and requires a replacement?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: