Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROSS 2 Sequencer - Save your patterns?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urbank6388

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: KROSS 2 Sequencer - Save your patterns? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm trying to help a friend who recently bought this great keyboard. We understand the idea of using the onboard step sequencer to create cool drumbeats but for the life of us, we can't find a way to go ahead and save those patterns so that they don't have to be remade every time we want to play a song.

Bonus question: say there is a way to do the above, is there then an easy way (with midi or something) to switch between beats without having to do a menu dive?

Much much thanks for helping out this newbie.

Cheers.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caveat - I don't own a Kross 2 - but I did read through the manuals. I didn't see anything explicitly stating how to save a step sequencer pattern, except that it's saved "together with the sound and song data."

So it depends on what mode you're in when you create the step sequencer pattern. If you're in Program mode, you save the program. If you're in Combi mode, you save the combi. If you're in Sequencer mode you save the song.

As for the bonus question, you can copy a step sequencer pattern from an existing program, combi, or song into the current program, combi, or song. But that would constitute a menu dive. There can only be one step sequencer pattern at a time in a given program, combi, or song. You could create multiple copies of the same program with the only difference being the step sequencer pattern saved in those programs. But I don't think you'd be able to play the different patterns back-to-back maintaining tempo with no gaps by switching programs. So I think the answer to the bonus question is "no".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: