Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EK-50 / EK-50L - Songbook feature?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
76keyman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: EK-50 / EK-50L - Songbook feature? Reply with quote

I am interested in the EK-50 keyboard but already own a Korg PA3X LE. I am hoping the EK-50 has a Songbook feature like the PA3X LE which stores all my song settings, set lists, etc. so I can exchange settings that I have developed over time. Is this possible or wishful thinking? Or is there another way to exchange song information between these instruments? Anyone tried this or know? I'd be grateful for any feedback. Thanks.
nhenry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: RE: EK-50 / EK-50L - Songbook feature? Reply with quote

My EK-50 allows me create a song using a style, a keyboard set, tempo, etc and store it in the built-in setlist on the keyboard so I can recall a song exactly the way I programmed it later on. It also allows me to backup my setlist to a USB flash drive in case something goes "haywire". I hope this answers your question.
76keyman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: EK-50 / EK-50L - Songbook feature? Reply with quote

nhenry wrote:
My EK-50 allows me create a song using a style, a keyboard set, tempo, etc and store it in the built-in setlist on the keyboard so I can recall a song exactly the way I programmed it later on. It also allows me to backup my setlist to a USB flash drive in case something goes "haywire". I hope this answers your question.

I guess it does. So there is no Songbook on the EK-50. On my PA3X-Le I can save 999 songs and their settings, and create any number of set lists by selecting and ordering songs stored in this songbook. I was wishing the EK-50 could load my previously stored song settings from the PA3X Songbook or a Set List and load them into the EK-50's 32 song setting stored locations. This would allow me to play it the same way on both instruments.

But I assume that I would have to re-create the song settings on the EK-50, and can only store 32 at a time. So, no way to save having to do it again. Not ideal. The Songbook is a very useful feature that I just wish was supported on the Entertainer models as well as the Korg Workstations. That would allow us to use the Entertainer model as the gigging keyboard for easier portability, but with the same way we set up our wider song library on the Workstation. Just a porting feature would be very nice to add.

Thanks for answering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: