Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally trying to upgrade - but hey - [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eivind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Finally trying to upgrade - but hey - [SOLVED] Reply with quote

My first post.. although I've been using version one of the Legacy Collection since it first came. (My version is 1.0 (!))

So I log on to the Korg-user thingy.. I find some coupons for the instruments.. and arrrgh.. they need to be migrated to another platform by Korg.. - and I have to do that work! Which ok - would have been fine if the stuff actually did work.

Thing is - I follow the links - I make a brand new shiny My Korg ID.. and proceed to d/l the Korg Pass thingy.. which instantly wants me to upgrade it - so I do.. (I mean why not link to the latest in the first place!!??.. )..

anyways - I start it and I once I try to use my brand new KORG ID I get this STRRRANGE MESSAGE:

"The change you wanted was rejected"
"Maybe you tried to change something you didnæt have access to."
"If you are the application owner check the logs for more information"

I try several times.. but still the damn app ends up with this message.

WTF!??

FYI:
I have no dongle. The version of Korg Collection that I am using does not require it. I have the very first version with the hardware MS20-controller. Oh - and I am still running Win7 64bit. The old 32-bit Korg plugins that I am still using are bridged via Jbridger to work with Cubase 10.

Any suggestions are most welcome!
(Oh - and have a nice weekend. Smile )

Eivind
(Oslo, Norway)

Last edited by eivind on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sergievsky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can spare $299 during this pandemic, I suggested you take advantage of the sale on korg collection 3. It isn't like you're gonna get a cheaper upgrade path when (if) you finally get that ported over. They added enough to the original that it will be worth it. (for me not so clear cut since I bought some others separately). But yeah, just jump on the KC3 that just came out if you can afford it...or almost afford it.
eivind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the point. The thought has occured to me. But I will also need Korg pass to work if I go for the new bundle. (Btw.. I am also waiting for the hw version of the Minikorg 700fs.)
eivind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved it via a tip at Reddit.

The (rather silly) application uses Internet Explorer - which all of us abandoned some time ago. However - it still is there and mine had high security settings. So I deleted all cookies and gave permission medium - and then - problem solved.

Not very secure in my book though. They really need to get their online acts together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: