Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akai mpc stand alone vers 2.10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Akai mpc stand alone vers 2.10 Reply with quote

Suddenly the akai MPC starts to come close to a true workstation..

https://youtu.be/1_NbJRAk27c

In todays version they added 4 new plugin synths
For a total now of 7 ..

If they add some key specific engines, all they need to do is add some keys and it makes a nice competitor for the kronos..
KJandKT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a stellar update...will make many users happy. I think you can add a MIDI keyboard to play into these...so yes - just add some amazing sample engines (like HD-1) for realistic acoustic sounds that can stream off disk and it would be game on. Plus if they update the MPC-X to have a lot more memory and horsepower, and perhaps a bigger screen...or an HDMI out that could have a separate screen from the 10" built-in, it could be a gamechanger!
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can add either a MIDI keyboard over DIN, or over USB, or both simultaneously.

I don't think that they have disc streaming yet, but it's supposedly on the menu.

Right now the MPC X is already a workstation. It will do the studio master thing, sample, resample, internally play keygroups and a few different virtual synths, full linear sequencing as well as pattern-based, audio mangling ... it's the whole enchilada. In fact, you can do all that on an MPC One, give or take some port limitations.

I'm looking forward to 3.0.7 for the Force as well, because that thing is a beast. In fact, it already has an electric piano plugin synth.
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for you guys owning MPC X if I may?

Can you render a bus from audiotracks and at the same time rendering from audio inputs without first recording those inputs to audio tracks?

Also not sure about how many levels of busses you can have if to render in my case up to 6 synths/organ/piano and get everything mixed down finally in portions of 2 inputs at a time?

I also am not sure if you can view a number of tracks in detail, zoom as you wish, for editing?
I saw a tutorial where they always only had one track with clip, and could not align visually to another track.

Any good tutorials on this, I did not find any?

I could long ago having limited tracks on a portastudio, but not sure about the MPC X.

I asked 3 times to Akai support and never got an answer, I get emails for newsletter, and also grading support a supposed to have gotten, but actuall answer from support I never got.

That is a warning sign getting first product from a new brand for me, but try here anyway.

I read manual and could not find this out properly.

Thanks.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an MPC. I have a Force, which is closely related but not the same product. I'll try to answer for the Force, although that isn't quite what you asked.

Can you render a combination of audiotracks - yes. Not directly, but you can. Can you do it while rendering live input? Not as far as I know. You can record external inputs directly into the Arranger view.

You can mix down tracks over and over, so if you recorded several tracks you could repeatedly flatten them.

The arranger view does let you see multiple tracks at once, but editing is on a per-track basis.

It sounds to me as if what you really want is a multitrack recorder, and for that purpose I would suggest my favourite: the Tascam DP-32SD. It likes to be friends with my Force, and they're both available at very competitive prices.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Yes, you can add either a MIDI keyboard over DIN, or over USB, or both simultaneously.

I don't think that they have disc streaming yet, but it's supposedly on the menu.

Right now the MPC X is already a workstation. It will do the studio master thing, sample, resample, internally play keygroups and a few different virtual synths, full linear sequencing as well as pattern-based, audio mangling ... it's the whole enchilada. In fact, you can do all that on an MPC One, give or take some port limitations.

I'm looking forward to 3.0.7 for the Force as well, because that thing is a beast. In fact, it already has an electric piano plugin synth.

A friend of mine uses his MPC force in combination with a nord stage, its what ha calls a perfect live combination..

I think all Akai needs to do is add all the controll components of the MPC x and MPC force on a 73 keys keyboard, and you have a nice workstation.. just some extra engines voor piano, organs, dp, and and extra interface to controll multiple keyboard parts....and you are ready set t
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
I don't have an MPC. I have a Force, which is closely related but not the same product. I'll try to answer for the Force, although that isn't quite what you asked.

Can you render a combination of audiotracks - yes. Not directly, but you can. Can you do it while rendering live input? Not as far as I know. You can record external inputs directly into the Arranger view.

You can mix down tracks over and over, so if you recorded several tracks you could repeatedly flatten them.

The arranger view does let you see multiple tracks at once, but editing is on a per-track basis.

It sounds to me as if what you really want is a multitrack recorder, and for that purpose I would suggest my favourite: the Tascam DP-32SD. It likes to be friends with my Force, and they're both available at very competitive prices.

Thanks for input.

MPC X really shines in comparison with anything, large screen that you can actually stand working at, hi spec electronics, ability to run 96k/24 if you like, midi time code sync to syncronize external video playback etc.

My last hdd porta Fostex VF160 also had ADAT input that you could extend with some nice preamps. That I miss on MPC X. But that was 20 years ago I moved to computer daw as I am using now.

Next best thing might be an Korg Oasys with a rather nice display tilted and large enough. But not sure about specs otherwise with at least 8 tracks audio recording too, not sure, have to look again.

Just have to seen where bottom line is with MPC X, if I could work all the way.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MPC One, and it has many features the Kronos and Nautilus lacks. Sampling is a lot more fluid, the sequencer has a pattern/loop based mode, USB audio interfaces can be used along side it etc. The fact it can be used seamlessly as a controller for the desktop software is really nice too.

But there’s lots of things the Kronos still exceeds at. Sound quality being one: the Kronos simply sounds vastly superior. Many of the synth and sampler engines are comparatively shallow on the MPC. No disk streaming. Even things like you can’t have audio tracks the length of a song in the MPC,
Or can’t modulate tempo in a sequence on the MPC, are show-stoppers for many musical styles.

I like my MPC though, and I suspect the upcoming 3.0 software will resolve many of these things. At the end of the day though, the MPC simply doesn’t have the same horsepower under the hood as the Kronos. On the plus side though: no fan!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: