Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg makes another unfortunate design choice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Korg makes another unfortunate design choice Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I was interested in the Minilogue XD, until I noticed something on the front panel that ruined my interest. I was sure I had seen TWO ADSRs on the original Minilogue. I looked up a picture and sure enough, there’s two. I have a hard time believing Korg was unable to design the XD in the same way. And they also didn’t include the switchable filter like the original. Oh well. Pass.
synthpeter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Korg makes another unfortunate design choice Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I was interested in the Minilogue XD, until I noticed something on the front panel that ruined my interest. I was sure I had seen TWO ADSRs on the original Minilogue. I looked up a picture and sure enough, there’s two. I have a hard time believing Korg was unable to design the XD in the same way. And they also didn’t include the switchable filter like the original. Oh well. Pass.

Seems indeed they've removed the sustain/release control from one of the EGs and made it single target. It's reminiscent of the Monologue EG, but without the EG TYPE switch.
randomgrace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. This was the main reason I chose Monologue instead of Minilogue. But it's not a problem, I think. Korg has a great variety of products, so you can use anything that fits your taste.
Jeea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the ms20 mini and I have thought of taking cv out from the mini
Envelope And plug it in cv in on the minilogue
Others who have used an external envelope on their minilogue?

Oh it’s of cause the minilogue XD I am referring to.

Br
Jens
jax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can actually confirm, that the missing sustain l release segments of the second envelope do NOT reduce the possibilities for patch creation that much.

In fact, i think it is a good design decision. For 98 percent of the patches you want to create, it is absolutely sufficient to have an easy control for the modulation (in this case mostly the filter envelope).

I do actually not miss the sustain | release segments of the second envelope at all. The release of the modulation envelope always was somehow suspect to me and the sustain control often confusing or even conflicting on synths that have such controls. Really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: