Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Triton VSTi has stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalUKGR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Korg Triton VSTi has stopped working Reply with quote

It's very odd. I'll try to outline the problem clearly.

I'm on a Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 is automatically updated to the latest version and all my drivers appear to be up-to-date.

I've been using Triton VSTi for a couple of years now without any issues at all. I use Ableton Live 10 Standard, Cubase Elements 11, and Reaper. All are kept up-to-date. Triton has always worked in each of them.

However, last night I fired up Ableton and on attempting to load in Triton VSTi I was told by Ableton that the Triton VST is 'incompatible' with Ableton Live. I fired up Cubase Elements 11 and got a similar issue, with Cubase telling me that it doesn't support VST 2 plugins. Reaper similarly could not load the Triton VSTi. Remember, prior to this all 3 DAWs had been handling Triton VST just fine - never any issues at all.

So off I went to Korg to download the latest version of Triton VSTi (1.0.1), along with the latest versions of MI and Wavestation (because why not?). Both M1 and Wavestation updates work fine - both within my DAWs and as stand-alone. Triton does neither - it won't run at all in any of the DAWs (even though it is recognized by all of them at start-up), nor will it run as a standalone from the desktop.

Screenshot-2021-07-09-062104 Screenshot-2021-07-09-062214

BTW, all my other VST/ VSTi plugins are working fine, across all DAWs (and as stand-alone, where possible).

Anyone have any ideas at all? I've looked at file permissions (all fine) and tried compatibility (nope - no joy).

I am at a total loss why Triton VSTi just doesn't work at all. Any help would be appreciated. I miss my Triton!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most current version is Triton v1.3.1.

I would suggest installing this new version.

Also, make absolutely sure you are putting the VST2 in the location where you want it.

For me, since I use Cubase, I install all KORG VST plugins in the following directories:

VST2
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\KORG

VST3
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\KORG

In Windows Explorer, you can confirm the version of each Korg Collection plugin.

For example, if I navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Korg, then hold my cursor over the "TRITON.dll" (the VST2 plugin), it says "File Version 1.3.1.0"

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: