Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 SD CARD formating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emillouis@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: M50 SD CARD formating Reply with quote

Hi,

I did ms-dos format a 2 GB SD Card(not sdhc) on my pc but not reading on my new Korg M50. Is there a way to format it in the Workstation itself?

Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Formatting SD cards on the M50 is the preferred method. Press the Media button on the M50, select the Utility tab, and then tap on the screen top right dropdown menu. The format option will be there. 2GB is the maximum SD card size that the M50 can use.

emillouis@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That a lot for the info though issue was with my SD card that the utility tab was not poping up. Tried a different one which did work.

After formatting, I have tried to load a song both in pcg and sng file from the SD card which when I tried to load it showed “file unavailable”.
What you reckon?
Thanks in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "file unavailable" message typically comes up when loading a file whose format is incorrect. One possibility is that the file has become corrupt for some reason e.g. bit rot in an SD card used to store the Song data. Do you have another, older backup of the Song file(s) that could be used to perform a file comparison?

When originally saving the Song, was a "Save All" i.e. PCG and SNG done? In that way, the Programs would have been saved with the song. Is it possible that a Program originally used in the song is no longer present in the M50?

emillouis@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the files were created on a TR and saved as both pcg and sng files. But just wondering if the ones created on a TR compatible on M50.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TR architecture is too different from that of the M50 for their PCG files to be compatible. Even the M3, which uses the same EDS sound generation system as the M50, doesn't offer cross-compatibility with the M50.

Your only hope is to try using SMF (standard MIDI files), which allow use of standard MIDI mapping to Programs and Combis in the GM banks.

Another possibility might be to play your SNG files on a TR, with the MIDI Out connected to the M50's MIDI In, having first selected Programs in the M50 that most closely match those in the TR, and keeping the MIDI channels the same on both instruments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: