Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do the sliders etc. work with local control off + midi loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Do the sliders etc. work with local control off + midi loop Reply with quote

Hi,

If I turned local control off and made a simple midi loop from MIDI OUT to MIDI IN, would the keyboard and the sliders/buttons on Wavestate work more or less normally?

I ask because I wonder if it is possible to externally process note on/off events from the Wavestate's keyboard, before they are played on exactly the same Wavestate, but still have the faders/buttons etc. working.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work the way you want it to work. Turning off Local Control disconnects everything from the internal sound engine but all of the MIDI data that is generated on the Wavestate is still transmitted out, including keys played, knobs and other controllers. So after processing it externally, you send it back to the Wavestate and everything ought to work just like you were playing with Local Control on.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy enough to try out. If Local Control is on, you will get a doubling of the MIDI data generated by the Wavestate when MIDI Out is connected to MIDI In.

uth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. Yes, it should work if the producer is consistent and the device can properly receive what it sends out in case of each knob affected by local control.

You are right that it is easy to try out but I do not have that synthesizer.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tested it and the Wavestate does indeed receive MIDI Out data on it's MIDI In port OK with Local control set to Off, including controller messages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: