Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freezing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rooboy1927

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Freezing Reply with quote

I purchased a 73 key nautilus on the 16th of this month. I have two problems. The first is that only the first two pages of the set-list are available. The second is when you create a simple split and attempt to change the octave of one of the sounds. You get a pop up with a slider and a numpad. From that point on, every thing is frozen. Nothing you touch elicits a response. I tried waiting for 10 minutes or so with no response. The only solution available is to reboot. i have updated to the latest version.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First issue: Not seeing this at all. Touching the tabs at the bottom left and right you can go to screens 0-15, 16-31, 32-47, 48-63, and so on. After 31 they default to the Nautilus Grand Dry/Amb program.

Second issue: Again not seeing this. With the Octave dialog open, I can select +1/2 or -1/2 and press ENT for Enter. The dialog closes and returns to the split screen. No hangs. You can bypass the Octave dialog by using the value wheel to enter the data. You exit the Split screen dialog by touch EXIT.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
CordeVisser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: First Freeze after 1 week purchase (Latest version 1.1.0) Reply with quote

After trying to change the pitch, it freezes, no response from all knobs.

Hope Korg will solve this, I cannot use this on stage.

Cor de Visser
http://www.time-machine.nl
Havian 30
Nautilus
Rooboy1927

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Set Lists Reply with quote

burningbusch is correct about the set list. That was an error on my part. The other issue is still current. If i create a program with a split and i click on the octave button in either of the programs twice, i get a popup slider and numerical keyboard. At that point, the whole keyboard except for the keys, FREEZES. The popup is still there but is unresponsive. I am aware that you can use - & + to change the octave but that does not alter the fact that the above behavior manifests itself. It was fine when i first got it and only started after i updated.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on OS 1.1, Nautilus 61. Can't recreate it. The dialog box works as expected--operates and closes fine, no hangs.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
Rooboy1927

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Freezing Reply with quote

I don't know where to go from here. burningbusch says he cannot recreate it, therefore there isn't a problem. Fine for him, it doesn't mean my os hasn't been corrupted. The problem does exist. I would not report something that didn't exist. Is burningbusch saying that if I walk across the road and get killed, then he walks across and doesn't get killed, then I really didn't get killed at all. What a fine world we live in if something cannot exist because burningbusch says it cannot. There is another post in this thread reporting a freezing problem too. Maybe he is imagining it as well. I was actually hoping for a solution. Not, I cannot recreate it, therefore it doesn't exist.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After maybe 25 attempts, I was able to reproduce this problem a single time and then not again. I have reported it as a bug.

Busch.
Rooboy1927

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: A solution ? Reply with quote

Thank you. Hopefully korg will discover if its a wiring problem as someone reported with another keyboard which was freeezing or a software issue which they can fix with an update. Many thanks to burningbusch.
CordeVisser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Set Lists Reply with quote

Rooboy1927 wrote:
burningbusch is correct about the set list. That was an error on my part. The other issue is still current. If i create a program with a split and i click on the octave button in either of the programs twice, i get a popup slider and numerical keyboard. At that point, the whole keyboard except for the keys, FREEZES. The popup is still there but is unresponsive. I am aware that you can use - & + to change the octave but that does not alter the fact that the above behavior manifests itself. It was fine when i first got it and only started after i updated.

You can disable the popup in the global settings I think.
Maybe it's worth trying

Cor de Visser
Havian 30
Nautilus
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Freezing Reply with quote

Rooboy1927 wrote:
I don't know where to go from here. burningbusch says he cannot recreate it, therefore there isn't a problem. Fine for him, it doesn't mean my os hasn't been corrupted. The problem does exist. I would not report something that didn't exist. Is burningbusch saying that if I walk across the road and get killed, then he walks across and doesn't get killed, then I really didn't get killed at all. What a fine world we live in if something cannot exist because burningbusch says it cannot. There is another post in this thread reporting a freezing problem too. Maybe he is imagining it as well. I was actually hoping for a solution. Not, I cannot recreate it, therefore it doesn't exist.

I don’t think that’s particularly fair. Nowhere I can see did Burningbusch dismiss the issue you were having - he simply stated he could not recreate it (initially). He’s not a Korg representative or support person. He then persisted to try and help you.

It’s really hard to help people in the Internet fix a problem you’ve never experienced.

Sorry to hear you’ve found this, but Korg are generally pretty good at resolving bugs. There’s probably not too much you can do to resolve it yourself at this point except to avoid doing that thing.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Rooboy1927

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject: A solution ? Reply with quote

You are right. I was a bit rude but i had just spent $3900 on a new keyboard and i had updated it to 1.1. I think burninbusch might have mistaken where I was when the problem started. I had created a quick split and had lucious strings with a violin. I wanted to go up an octave on the strings because it didn't sound right to my ear. There is an option when you have just created a split to change the octave on either instrument. I touched the octave box and got a highlight in the left of it. Nothing else happened so i tapped it again. That was when a pop up popped up with a slider and a keypad. That was also when the whole keyboard froze except for the keys themselves. I have since learned to avoid this. I was a bit annoyed because this is the most expensive keyboard i have purchased. I am a hobby player and i was just looking quality tones. I will not use most of the features on this keyboard because i don't understand them. I probably, with hindsight, should have purchased a Pa4x. Apologies to anyone i offended.
CordeVisser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: First Freeze after 1 week purchase (Latest version 1.1.0 Reply with quote

CordeVisser wrote:
After trying to change the pitch, it freezes, no response from all knobs.

Hope Korg will solve this, I cannot use this on stage.

=======================================
Now 2 times a row after restarting , I managed to freeze my Nautilus.

double tab the +00 pitch edit, you will come to enter the pitch menu.
Then it all freezes.

Cor de Visser
Havian 30
Nautilus
platz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Freezing Reply with quote

Rooboy1927 wrote:
I purchased a 73 key nautilus on the 16th of this month. I have two problems. The first is that only the first two pages of the set-list are available. The second is when you create a simple split and attempt to change the octave of one of the sounds. You get a pop up with a slider and a numpad. From that point on, every thing is frozen. Nothing you touch elicits a response. I tried waiting for 10 minutes or so with no response. The only solution available is to reboot. i have updated to the latest version.

Hey Rooboy1927, this has happened to me as well. Exactly the same situation, but on different instances. It seems to me that this bug is related to "double-clicking" an editable parameter. It happened to me on the MS-1 waveform selection, then on a combi part volume edit...
I'm on 1.1.0. Hope it gets ironed out soon.

Cheers,
Chris
Rooboy1927

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: KORG. Are you following this. Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting platz. Hopefully korg will patch the os soon. Regards, Andrew.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP does not think I understand the problem. Here's a crappy phone video of my Nautilus (OS ver 1.1.0) executing what I believe to be the issue. I can do this repeatedly, though I have had it hang once.

https://youtu.be/HCcZNz2mFxA

Korg has issued 1.1.1 which I believe fixes this problem.

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: