Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience here ? Looking for advice on connecting my PA-900 to external gear. I gig with my PA900 using my songbook songs I've created, that's working well. I can create styles, copy and delete , add them to my songs , etc. I just bought a Crumar Mojo Desktop module, want to add its Hammond B-3 sounds to my songs while playing live, mixing separately, but blending together. Or do I need a separate keyboard controller for the module ?
Thanks
Joe Corriveau
603-372-2170
jcorriveau1@outlook.com
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to description Crumar Mojo Desktop can receive midi Messages, so using Midi out via midi cable you can control this module, then using Audio Cable you can connect Crumar to Audio In Korg and has Audio playing on Korg.
You just have to make sure Korg Midi Out and Crumar Midi In channel match.
I never used Crumar, but I been working with many external devices, Korg is very friendly and easy to set up Midi connections.
You may have to Filter some Messages on Channel Midi out to avoid changing sounds on Crumar.
Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module Reply with quote

Thank you Nemik, hope you are well. Appreciate your help. I just have a hard time with this midi concept. I've created styles, worked them into Songbook, copy parts etc, used on my gigs, etc. I'm getting there. I'll work on what you've suggested. I'll share a message I just received from Roger Gentile on a MOJO DMC-122 GSi/Crumar Facebook group page, between both your messages I hope to work this out. Thanks again
Joe

" there is a midi router for 16 in channels and 16 for out channels as a global setup not assignable per performance. There are 16 different setups you can Dave and recall manually depending on your current needs. You can assign different arranger parts or user parts per channel or assign the same part to several channels. In and out are independent. You can save different keyboard set (performances) where you decide which of the 4 parts play internal , external or both sounds and which parts are on and off and there zone etc. I use it as a midi router for virtual instrument too...
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there is a midi router for 16 in channels and 16 for out channels

Yes is it.
I,m using MOTU Midi Express XT
Performers Heaven
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, MOTU Midi Express XT is was mine best investment, worth every penny.
Performers Heaven
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject: Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module Reply with quote

Is the MOTU Midi Express XT unit necessary for what I need to accomplish ? Settings adjustments between the 2 units won't get it done ?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, MOTU Midi Express XT is advanced midi hub and only needed when you need connected a lot of midi devices together.
you will be fine without.
Performers Heaven
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module Reply with quote

Thanks Nemik, got it
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module Reply with quote

Hi Nemik

Eureka !! Thrilled, I’ve got my PA-900 playing the various presets in the Mojo Desktop (see photos with my Midi settings), great sounds. Guys, I’m very thankful for your help. I do enjoy gigging on my PA-900, creating songs, using Songbook, STS creating, style creating, copying parts, etc...singing on top of it all. But I can’t get my Songbook to play now. Where do I go from here ? I press various STS settings on songs, it changes the Mojo presets to whatever. Weak on PA-900 Performance concepts, though I know this is where I need to go to.
I have a hard time with instructions and manuals, they start to make sense after i get the concepts….hence I’m leaning on you guys. I’m getting there (re-reading your detailed suggestions), How can I get my Songbook to play using Mojo presets. I’m a bit “simple”, ha. Keep it coming , please guys...thanks.
Joe
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only give you clue, a tip.
In Style mode go to menu and Track control.
Then you will see by default Int/Ext. set to Both.
Change to external and exit, then you will see something like: E: 121.007.025
this is address to your external sound Bank.
Using manual or just trying find which sound on Mojo Desktop has which address.
You will lose sound on Korg on this Upper, but will control External sound.
Wink
Performers Heaven
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Midi connect PA-900 to Crumar Mojo Desktop module Reply with quote

Thank you Nemik, I will try it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: