Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with transferring an edited combi into the sequencer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Help with transferring an edited combi into the sequencer Reply with quote

Hi All, this is my first post having bought a second user Kronos LS last month.

Here is what I want to do and where I need some guidance. Int-A 004 Orchestral Dreaming is a fun combi. I want to use it in a song. I want to bring it into sequencer but be able to play it on midi channel 2 so that I can have a piano sound on midi channel 1. Preferably I want Orchestral Dreaming to end up covering tracks 9 - 16, rather than the 1-8 when I initially pull it in.

When I edit the combi once it is in the sequence, changing the midi channels from 1 to 2, it doesn't play properly as it did when it was an original combi. I guess that's because the combi was constructed and is triggering based on the combi being set to the global midi channel.

I hope I've explained this problem well enough for someone to know what problem I am encountering and how (or if) I can resolve it.

Thanks,

Steve
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an older Kronos, and can't find that combi, so I can only guess. Are there KARMA parts accompanying you, or is it one giant stack? Also, isn't easier to move one piano sound than the combi elements?

Press ENTER & REC/WRITE to bring your combi into the sequencer. Move the piano to a free slot. Is a track between 9 and 16 open? If so, you could try putting it there. (Track 10 is usually the drum track.)

Now press the lower row KARMA tab - GE SETUP/KEYZONES page -- under MIDI I/O, you can change the INPUT CHANNEL for each GE, or check the little box next to each GE (A,B,C,D) - TCH ALSO.

If you really want to move all the other combi sounds, you will need to go to TRACK PARAMETER--MIDI and find out which parts are on which channel. (By the way, if you are only using layers, and not KARMA, this is where you need to be.) Please note that one channel could be controlling many parts. So, if parts 2,3,4, and 5 are assigned to channel 2, you may want to assign those to channel 11, for example.

Then, you have to go back to that same KARMA page and change OUTPUT CHANNEL 2 to channel 11. The sounds on channel 3 would change 12, and so on.

It's up to you, move a single piano, or switch everything else. Being in Sequence mode makes it easy to select and change to any transmission channel that you like, so that's why I'm saying the piano could go anywhere.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
I have an older Kronos, and can't find that combi, so I can only guess. Are there KARMA parts accompanying you, or is it one giant stack? Also, isn't easier to move one piano sound than the combi elements?

Press ENTER & REC/WRITE to bring your combi into the sequencer. Move the piano to a free slot. Is a track between 9 and 16 open? If so, you could try putting it there. (Track 10 is usually the drum track.)

Now press the lower row KARMA tab - GE SETUP/KEYZONES page -- under MIDI I/O, you can change the INPUT CHANNEL for each GE, or check the little box next to each GE (A,B,C,D) - TCH ALSO.

If you really want to move all the other combi sounds, you will need to go to TRACK PARAMETER--MIDI and find out which parts are on which channel. (By the way, if you are only using layers, and not KARMA, this is where you need to be.) Please note that one channel could be controlling many parts. So, if parts 2,3,4, and 5 are assigned to channel 2, you may want to assign those to channel 11, for example.

Then, you have to go back to that same KARMA page and change OUTPUT CHANNEL 2 to channel 11. The sounds on channel 3 would change 12, and so on.

It's up to you, move a single piano, or switch everything else. Being in Sequence mode makes it easy to select and change to any transmission channel that you like, so that's why I'm saying the piano could go anywhere.

Hi Mike, thanks for this comprehensive reply. Plenty of helpful pointers. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers, Steve
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveyoung29 wrote:
Mike Conway wrote:

Hi Mike, thanks for this comprehensive reply. Plenty of helpful pointers. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers, Steve

Mike, I just want to say thanks again. Your guidance here really helped me to get inside the functioning of the Kronos. Cheers, Steve
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: