Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edit (trim) an existing multisample in a program

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetrocker

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject: Edit (trim) an existing multisample in a program Reply with quote

I have a multisample (made originally from a wav file) that is used as an oscillator in one of my programs (Kronos 61-2). I want to edit that sample within the Kronos so that the first few seconds are deleted or trimmed. I cannot find a way to do this, so hoping you guys can shed some light. Thanks, Mark
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

First load your multisample in the Kronos. In sampling mode, under sample edit tab, choose the sample you want to modify (with "index number"). From there, select the portion of the sample you want to remove with the "edit range" parameters. Then under the upper right menu, choose cut to remove the unwanted selected part. Then go in disk mode to save your sampling data.
jetrocker

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hi there,

First load your multisample in the Kronos. In sampling mode, under sample edit tab, choose the sample you want to modify (with "index number"). From there, select the portion of the sample you want to remove with the "edit range" parameters. Then under the upper right menu, choose cut to remove the unwanted selected part. Then go in disk mode to save your sampling data.

The multisample is already in the Kronos HDD and is being used by the program. Do I have to load it again? If I go to sampling mode, I can't find it anywhere however. If I load it again, then do I have to somehow then replace this new sample in place of the existing one that's connected to the program?

Thank you very much, Mark
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, to modify any sampled stuff you must first load it in sampling mode. Let's say what you want to modify was named as ABC back then. So when you saved your sampled stuff, the Kronos created amongst other files an ABC.KSC file and also an ABC_UserBank.KSC file.

To modify your sampled stuff now, go in disk mode and load the ABC.KSC file (not the _UserBank one), so it can be ready to modify in sampling mode. Then in sampling mode under the leftmost tab, first select the correct multisample (above the tiny wide keyboard icon).

Then you will be able to find back the sample you want to modify. From there, follow the steps I wrote earlier. Finally, you can save the newly modified stuff under the same name or with a different one. I would recommend a different name for now (like DEF instead of ABC), so you have a backup for extra safety. This because I don't know what is the contents of your initial ABC file, maybe there is lots more than one multisample in it. Sometimes I create/save a single large collection of multisamples under the same name, and sometimes I save just individual samples, for example sounds I might just need every once in a while.

Oh and before you start all this, you could do a Save All to have a complete backup of your current Kronos. Hope this all makes sense.
jetrocker

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Yep, to modify any sampled stuff you must first load it in sampling mode. Let's say what you want to modify was named as ABC back then. So when you saved your sampled stuff, the Kronos created amongst other files an ABC.KSC file and also an ABC_UserBank.KSC file.

To modify your sampled stuff now, go in disk mode and load the ABC.KSC file (not the _UserBank one), so it can be ready to modify in sampling mode. Then in sampling mode under the leftmost tab, first select the correct multisample (above the tiny wide keyboard icon).

Then you will be able to find back the sample you want to modify. From there, follow the steps I wrote earlier. Finally, you can save the newly modified stuff under the same name or with a different one. I would recommend a different name for now (like DEF instead of ABC), so you have a backup for extra safety. This because I don't know what is the contents of your initial ABC file, maybe there is lots more than one multisample in it. Sometimes I create/save a single large collection of multisamples under the same name, and sometimes I save just individual samples, for example sounds I might just need every once in a while.

Oh and before you start all this, you could do a Save All to have a complete backup of your current Kronos. Hope this all makes sense.

THANK YOU very much! I'll work thru this tonight! -Mark
jetrocker

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:

THANK YOU very much! I'll work thru this tonight! -Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: